World Cup 2022 Qatar

I think this need its own thread with the Groups for the World Cup being drawn tomorrow.

Pot 1 (seeded teams): Qatar, Brazil, Belgium, France, Argentina, England, Spain, Portugal.

Pot 2: Mexico, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Uruguay, Switzerland, USA, Croatia.

Pot 3: Senegal, Iran, Japan, Morocco, Serbia, Poland, South Korea, Tunisia.

Pot 4: Cameroon, Canada, Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine, Costa Rica/New Zealand, UAE/Australia/Peru.

Best draw for England ?

England / Switzerland / Tunisia / Costa Rica or New Zealand.

Potential Group of Death for England ?

England / Germany / Senegal / UAE or Australia or Peru.

Comments

• Imagine getting Qatar as the the number one seed in your group lol.
  • So here in Canada going mad that we even made it ,Dont want England untill we beat them in the Final =)
  • Hamstew said:

Imagine getting Qatar as the the number one seed in your group lol.

Yeah, bit of a joke for them to be seeded; I know it's traditional for the home nation to be seeded, but it's not so unreasonable when traditional footballing nations are hosting. This is a really strong argument to end that particular quirk imo.
  • So, some peculiarities with the draw this year as not all teams are finalised. It doesn't matter too much with Scotland/Ukraine/Wales, as they're all European, but, given that they (bizarrely imo) refuse to have teams from the same continent in the same group (except that 2 countries from Europe are allowed in a group), they could have a sitaution where, say, Costa Rice/New Zealand get drawn in USA's group. Costa Rica wouldn't be allowed in that group, but New Zealand would be. Likewise UAE/Australia/Peru would be allowed in different groups depending on which of the 3 countries qualifies.

I really don't get why they try to rig the draw this way; 4 pots with the top 8 ranked teams (or, 7 top ranked teams and home nation if you must), then the next 8 and so on; draw one ball from each pot and that's the first group, and so on. All over in 2 or 3 minutes, instead they drag it out for an hour or so.
  • I’d be happy if it only went on for an hour, normally I need another shave by the time it’s finished.
  • I see Germany have drawn Qatar's group....oops I wasn't meant to say that yet 😬
  • I predict Mexico, Poland and Cameroon.
  • Blimey, some of those stadiums are a bit like the old Den.
  • edited April 2022

I see Germany have drawn Qatar's group....oops I wasn't meant to say that yet 😬

What we really need is a firm OCS prediction.

• USA and Iran so far hahaha
  • USA, Iran and more than likely Wales. It could have been worse.
  • I predict Mexico, Poland and Cameroon.

What are the lottery numbers ?
  • I actually predicted all but Iran so I can probably win you a tenner on the lotto.
  • 4, 16,18, 22, 35, 51.
    Do them and you can't go wrong. Hahaha
  • Well, it doesn't get much easier than that.
  • USA.....remember Green in goal?
  • I hope you didn't use those numbers last night alderz, I might have given you the wrong ones.
  • I was looking to see who will be facing Italy ………and then I remembered