Three At The Back - The Way Ahead?

2»

Comments

• Re the above. How do I go about changing my username?
  • What would you like it to be and one of the mods can change it for you.
  • Hi Suze, with slightly lower ambitions for Nobes than TWC has for his man I was thinking NobesEnglandClass but that isn't exactly bigging up my man so I'll go with NobleWorldClass. Thanks ;wink
  • edited October 2016

Still not getting it. Noble is our best and most fluent passer of the ball and he frequently hits superb passes to either flank as well as the nice little defence splitters. Yes he will hold the game up from time to time but that is because our players aren't in good receiving positions and yes he has had a few less than good games this season but so have the rest of the team. He is also by a long way the best leader we have on the pitch. I guess you can tell I'm a bit of a Noble supporter but not to the extent that I've changed my moniker to nobleworldclass ;hmm NWC, I like it. Let me sleep on it ;bowdown

Disagree, I think we have better passers in the team than him. Best penalty taker West Ham have ever had though and possibly Worst Free kick taker West Ham have ever had.
    Taking West Ham goggles off Decent leader and morale booster off the pitch for certain, on the pitch though well seems to be like his performances over the years, can be brilliant or obscure.
  • Taking West Ham goggles off
    That's the problem football fans will always have; trying to look at players objectively. I mean, Liverpool fans seem to rate Henderson, but with complete objectivity I can't for the life of me see it. Is Noble better than Henderson? As a West Ham fan I honestly don't know because I have an inherent bias towards him.

Would be interesting to know how many fans of other clubs would want him in their team ;hmm

I think the problem with Noble too is that when he's on it, he is a very good and very influential player. When he isn't, however, he looks like, well, Jordan Henderson.
  • Earlier this year some people - not just West Ham fans - were asking Hodgson why Noble didn't get an England call up. Odd how things change...
  • He was noticeably in better form last season then this season so shouldn't things change....
  • That applies to everybody.
  • Antonio played well enough to earn an England call up
  • And once called up his form dropped off. ;hmm
  • Tbf I don't think he was 'in form' or playing well.

He was just scoring headers.

(I know that sounds stupid, but I know what I mean ;wink )
  • I know what you mean ;ok
  • Antonio played well enough to earn an England call up

But not from Hodgson
  • We all know Antonio won't be in the next England squad.

For me (goggles off as best I can), Noble, Antonio and Cresswell all deserved England call ups last season.

This season, Noble hasn't done enough, and I agree with Luke that Antonio got in on the back of his five headers.

Cresswell showed against Palace how important he is for us and how important he could be for England. He is the one who could make that squad on a regular basis. Just needs that call, but with Rose, Shaw and Bertrand seemingly ahead of him, and also because of the shirt he wears, I can't see it happening.
  • Shaw can't even get into that woeful Man Utd team.
  • Shaw can't even get into that woeful Man Utd team.

Doesn't mean he won't get in the England squad.

#farules
  • Hi Suze, with slightly lower ambitions for Nobes than TWC has for his man I was thinking NobesEnglandClass but that isn't exactly bigging up my man so I'll go with NobleWorldClass. Thanks ;wink

All done ;biggrin
  • NWC

You do know we will now sell Noble to Palace don't you? ;biggrin
  • Thanks a lot Suze.
    IH if that happens I'll errr I'll.....cry??? Errr and apologise and errrr.....