Claret Membership............is it a bit of a con?

Comments

• edited September 2016

Well, 60k- 3k =57k - 52k = 5k

If we haven't currently got the full 60k, that isn't the club's fault.

Well yes it is.....

Directly or indirectly they have helped cause standing fans in wrong areas, even allowing for people's general rudeness and lack of respect for fellow fans. As well as seated fans in areas formerly known to stand (yep before anyone says it it's an all seater stadia) as well as no family area.

Also I'm not convinced the refusal by Newham (SAG) to license up to 60k and give us another 3k is all about the standing issue, I believe there are other factors involved and they could be revealed soon as a FOI has been submitted.

;ok
  • Well, 60k- 3k =57k - 52k = 5k

2,800-3,000 of those are for the away fans

;ok
  • Slizzy

yes, that would be the 3k...

Totally disagree that the club is to blame for reduced capacity.

It has nothing to do with them that fans insist on 'persistent standing'.

There are 3 000 less tickets than there could be, and lets put the blame where it actually belongs - on those who don't care about anyone but themselves, and 'stand when they want', even when asked not to by the club, and warned as to the likely consequences.

As to 'hearing more stories' - sorry, but that's just what I think they are.

I know you don't, but I see no reason to trust these 'sources'.

Was one of them wearing a Chelsea shirt?
  • Well, 60k- 3k =57k - 52k = 5k

Well yes it is.....

Directly or indirectly they have helped cause standing fans in wrong areas, even allowing for people's general rudeness and lack of respect for fellow fans. As well as seated fans in areas formerly known to stand (yep before anyone says it it's an all seater stadia) as well as no family area.

Also I'm not convinced the refusal by Newham (SAG) to license up to 60k and give us another 3k is all about the standing issue, I believe there are other factors involved and they could be revealed soon as a FOI has been submitted.

;ok
    Have you seen the FOI request? Unless they've got an idea for what they're looking for and there's some paperwork to prove it I can't see it producing any new info. Usually they're only good for getting data or documents.

Have done enough of them to know you probably shouldn't hold your breath on this unless the person who made their request knew exactly what they're looking for.
  • Grey like on this site, elsewhere I have no reason to disbelieve anyone whose openly told of their experiences and with that regard across some forums people have noted/mentioned that non-hammers are there. No disrespect but I think it would be pretty nieve to think that all these extra tickets were all sold to Hammers.

We didn't have these problems at UP therefore it's since the move and the move was organized by the club, so they are in part at least responsible

;ok

Outcast I've not seen it no, only that someone has submitted one and are asking for the meeting minutes from the SAG regarding te license being limited to 57k

;ok
  • ;ok

Meeting minutes might be possible actually. No good reason for it to be denied. They might even be somewhere online already. What does SAG stand for? It's a part of Newham Council?
  • I must be really lucky as i have applied twice this season and got picked twice - bournemouth and watford. Both awful games tho....
  • ;ok
    What does SAG stand for? It's a part of Newham Council?

I was just reading something else that referred to the Safety Advisory Group - I think that must be SAG.
  • I must be really lucky as i have applied twice this season and got picked twice - bournemouth and watford. Both awful games tho....

Given the number of empty seats yesterday, I should think that anybody that wants to go can get a ticket.

• No ticket trader to sell on or Ticket forward system to a claret member, probably isn't helping with regards the empty seats.

Then you have a number of fans who aren't actually Hammers or are tourists, day trippers with ST, Watford at home my not be that appealing?
  • Where are all these empty seats?
  • I don't think there are any.

I thought both home league games were a sell out.

My block looked full.
  • Apart from the 9000 seats in blocks at the back of the STB and BM upper I have only noticed the odd seat dotted around the stadium.
  • Suz - could be referring to the 3000 seats the club couldn't sell because of the safety certificate issues.

Or perhaps the observation refers to 10 minutes before the end of the game, when there were plenty of empty seats - mind you the same could be said of the Boleyn last season when we played Swansea! ;wink
  • Slizzy

There is a ticket trader option when you look to buy tickets.
  • Attendance v

Domzale - 54 000
    B'mouth - 56 977
    Astra 56 932
    Watford 56 974

• Where I was seated and looking at the east stand there were large numbers of empty seats throughout the match. There was an exodus around half time and as the game came to its end, but there were a large number of empty seats before those times. The official attendance figures presumably reflect ticket sales rather than actual attendance
  • edited September 2016
    In our row of 15 or 16 seats only 7 were occupied, one by someone sitting next to his Dad as there were spare seats even though he had a seat elsewhere in the ground!
  • There were definitely empty seats.
  • upos- out of interest what block and row were you seated in? I only ask as I sit in the East Upper block 237 so fairly central - from my seat there is a good view of the whole stand, upper and lower, I thought the stand was pretty full. Obviously there was an exodus at half time as many of us go for a pee and get a drink. Have to agree there was an exodus at the end of the game - this tends to happen at every game! ;wink
  • IronMike,
    I sit in Block 205 in the West Stand,five rows back from the start of the upper tier. The gaps in the East Stand were sufficiently noticeable for my son and I to comment on them. Other than our immediate vicinity in the West Stand, it was hard to gauge the occupancy on our side of the stadium. Around us though there were plenty of empty seats.
  • Ooo I'm in block 203 ;wave
  • The club must know how many have gone through the turnstiles, health & safety and all that. Are those the published figures that Grey quotes or are those figures tickets sold? We should be told ;wink in the interests of transparency
  • I can see right through that transparency thing ......................... ;whistle
  • edited September 2016
    Well if the idiots stop fighting with each other we might get a chance to fill the stadium and have no empty seats.
  • I think the attendance figures quoted are tickets sold rather than numbers through the turnstiles
  • Thorn - do you have a source for that information- it's just that I asked the club (albeit at the Boleyn) and was told that the count at the turnstyles plus corporate and hospitality sales were the source for the published attendances?
  • I seem to remember reading somewhere last year, because of accounting purposes, clubs have to use tickets sold.
  • In my row, the one in front of me and the one behind there were about 10 -15 empty seats. Looking around the stadium it looked like there were hundreds of empty seats (long before we went behind in the game).