(Dont rip up the stadium just yet) Possible playoff with Liverpool?

13»

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Really ;angry about this.

The club have behaved very badly.

I have emailed them and told them so.

• They put it to a vote.

Where people said if they are in favour or not.

The majority said they had no problem with the game.

I'd prefer the club to listen to the majority, rather than the biggest mouths on social media.

Was an open vote on the clubs website, anyone could have voted, fans of other clubs...
  • edited May 2016
    Then why bother with the vote?

Why listen to 'social media' as though it is any more representative of the club's fan base, or any less likely not to be fans of other clubs??

Funny how previously when Young Jack has got involved it has made the club 'a laughing stock', but now it is OK...
  • Suze

Did you email the general address, or someone specific?
  • edited May 2016
    The general address, Tara Warren [marketing and comms Manager] and the SAB email.

I have had no response.

But I had no response last week when I reported coin throwing at DeGare and racist chanting & actions towards three of our black players against Swansea.

I'm giving it until Sunday, then I'm going to air our dirty laundry in public and start tweeting KB, DG and the Sullivan lads.
  • Grey, jack organised the game. When lots were against it, the club stepped in. Jack's not really been involved to be honest.

Suz, can I ask why you're so ' ;angry ' ?
  • edited May 2016
    Twist

Because there is no logical reason that I can see why they should not play at Upton Park.

I think it's a bit nasty to be honest... All that 'I don't want someone sitting in my seat' nonsense.

I thought we were a family club?
  • Man U was the last competitive game at the Boleyn? Isn't that enough? Were they supposed to start knocking down the stadium the moment the whistle was blown? Who cares if other people get a chance to play on the pitch and be in the stadium? Does it really diminish your memory that someone else gets to have one as well?

Frankly, anyone with those opinions has no right to complain about ticketing prices imo because they don't believe in an inclusive club/community.

Suz, was the Swansea abuse from our own fans?
  • Yes Outcast

A season ticket holder in the BML - an objectionable chap at the best of times who excelled himself when Swansea scored their third.
  • That's depressing but thanks for reporting. I think that's what makes people more comfortable about going to games than in the past; if there are idiots, there are usually more who will shout them down.
  • ;ok Outcast

This is the type of thing that fans should be up in arms about not if some other bum is on their seat for a match they have no intention of going to.
  • Like if Chelsea played at the OS?
  • Not like no.
  • This is simply a totally ridiculous decision, the game against Man U was the last competitive premiership game played at the stadium.

Period.

There is no reason on gods earth why the Ladies, Youth, reserves, my old mates from the Old Westhamians or any other manner of charity, school or community games could not be held at the ground until the actual physical closure of the stadium.

It is incomprehensible to me

There should never have been any consideration of a vote, IMO the issue is not vote worthy.

If for no other reason, I bet there are many supporters who were not able to go to the Man U game who would have loved the opportunity to go to the ground one last time and support the Ladies, youth, reserves or whoever

;angry ;angry ;angry
  • Yep.

All those fans who missed out on every home game this season, will struggle to get tickets next season, no success in the ballot...

One last time to go and soak up the old ground.

Numpty hour.
  • edited May 2016
    It's pathetic it really is. Is the game not to raise money for the ladies team? If so I assume they will be getting a whole lot less playing elsewhere. The amount of West Ham fans that have had a go at the club for not funding the ladies and now they been well screwed over by our own fans imo
  • Grey, jack organised the game. When lots were against it, the club stepped in. Jack's not really been involved to be honest.

Suz, can I ask why you're so ' ;angry ' ?

Jack was gauging the response to the game being played / announced and him asking the question, he also said because of what he'd seen then the club would look at it and he was personally disappointed due to the effort he put in

It's a shambles from top to bottom, he's now reporting on whether we've made multi million pound bids, agents conduct oh and mysteriously the "insider" is back

It's simple, we look 2 bob

;doh
  • and that's being generous.
  • It's not even a real football match.
  • Can any teachers here tap into the secret society of teachers and arrange a permanent detention for Jack?
  • ;nonono

There is no secret society of teachers. Oh no, not at all.

;whome

• Methinks she doth protest too much..... ;biggrin
  • Ok, fine there's not a secret society. Just tell them to give him a detention please.
  • edited May 2016
    ;phew

Think we got away with that one...

Now, is it thumb over finger, or finger over thumb this week?