(Dont rip up the stadium just yet) Possible playoff with Liverpool?

Comments

• What happened here is that a load of people on Twitter objected to this idea and tweeted Jack their displeasure. He then replied "hmm, you have a point as we've already had the last ever game".

Then we have an article on the OS posing the question do we want a charity match or not?

Bit farcical tbh.
  • The game is going ahead.
  • edited May 2016
    ;thumbsup

I voted yes (even though the vote was supposed to have closed, but the club website was still accepting votes ;doh ;lol )

It was one of thse polls which don't show you the % after you vote, so the NOs might have won but because the results aren't public, the club could doesn't have to be bound by them. ;hmm
  • Herb

Yes, it is to raise money for the Ladies team.

Nice to see common sense has broken out.

I'd imagine that this had been arranged some time ago, so it's not like the club hadn't previously thought of it.
  • I think the billing of 'last match at the Boleyn' is what rankled people.
    After all my friend hired the ground last Friday (13th), with full use of the facilities, for a corporate style game with his mates.
  • I wasn't going to go to the Ladies game but I am now.

I get seriously hacked of with this 'but it's my West Ham' nonsense.
  • 'last match at the Boleyn' was always, in my mind, a shorter way of saying 'last West Ham first team competitive match'
  • But once again the 'intelligence challenged' lost what little minds they possess over 'match labels' from a notoriously foot in mouth marketing team. ;doh
  • edited May 2016
    Don't understand why people always get worked up about other people getting to see matches, whether in cases like this or when tickets are discounted. Shouldn't you be happy about it?
  • You would have thought so.....
  • What happened here is that a load of people on Twitter objected to this idea and tweeted Jack their displeasure. He then replied "hmm, you have a point as we've already had the last ever game".

Because a 15 year old is the best judge of these sort of things. Might as well ask him which razor gives the best shave...
  • Because Jack was promoting the game......
  • I'm well against them playing that game but I guess I'm in the minority on this forum!
  • I was incredulous when I read it, I saw that the game was scheduled and thought nothing more about it, and was astonished to discover that they felt the need to put it to a vote!!!

Totally pathetic
  • Twist

Honestly can't think why.

What possible difference could it make?

And it gives a few more people a chance to get to the Boleyn one last time.
  • As IronHerb said, the club have made money out of people playing on it since the 'last game'.
  • When people talk about the last game at the Boleyn they will think West Ham v Man U anyway. Anyone who has got the hump over a charity game need to take a look at themselves.
  • I'm with Grey in this

There were also at least 2 other games scheduled

I've seen some absolute headsgone on social media people saying they didn't want anyone in THEIR seat after them? THEIR seat lol

We should get all the shirts reprinted "Final Men's Pro Game" just to keep them happy
  • edited May 2016
    Grey, the club sold the man utd game as the last at the Boleyn. Bobby turned off the lights. The ladies team has nothing to do with us. In fact they've already let them play on it a few months ago against spurs.

Yeold, its not a charity game
  • "West Ham Ladies Joint-Chairman Stephen Hunt said: “Obviously the Ladies are disappointed but myself and Jack Sullivan will get together over the summer to see what else we can do in the future.”

Does anybody else think it weird that a 15 year old kid is getting involved in club decisions? Or is it just me......
  • That's a pathetic, spineless backtracking.

Absolutely pathetic.

Why bother with a poll, that votes in favour, and then say, 'Oh, no.' because a few Twits and Two-Facebookers have a whinge?

Twist

What did IronHerb's mates have to do with us?

Why weren't you upset with them playing at the Boleyn?

• Twist

What did IronHerb's mates have to do with us?

Why weren't you upset with them playing at the Boleyn?

Herb's mates aren't selling tickets for the game. They are not representing 'west ham'
  • A totally disgraceful decision.

Pathetic on so many levels.

(That's me criticising the club when I think they've done something bad ;ok )
  • They've put an idea out (a bad one IMO) listened to the fans and have made a decision based on fans reactions. Surely we want our football club to listen?
  • edited May 2016
    .. to whoever shouts the loudest?

No.

Also, even if I accept they were right to solicit fan opinion in the decision-making process, to then announce it would go ahead (because more people voted in favour than against) but then to make a U-turn, and cancel it? ;doh ;doh

• They put it to a vote.

Where people said if they are in favour or not.

The majority said they had no problem with the game.

I'd prefer the club to listen to the majority, rather than the biggest mouths on social media.
  • Even if this game had gone ahead everyone would have still thought of the Man Utd game as the last proper game. I wish I could think of a better word than proper as I am not implying the ladies is not a proper game, however I hope that people understand what I mean.
  • edited May 2016
    Tom

;ok

I'm sure we all know exactly what you mean.

If some people seriously feel that their memories of the Boleyn would be tarnished by the Ladies' team playing a game their, then I can only assume that they have very strange memories.