Will we finish above ManU/Saints? (Where will we finish?)

13»

Comments

• To day the day
  • Us to get 5th
    Liverpool 6th
    and manure to lose the cup final ;biggrin
  • edited May 2016
    I like your style. But wouldn't it be better for Southampton to get 6th, Liverpool to get 7th and Man U to lose the cup final? ;biggrin
  • ;hmm never thought of that, but it's just the thought of manure being europeanless that amuses me. And the fact that manures supposedly greatest rivals pip them to the last spot just adds a little je ne sais quoi
  • ;hmm There is a certain something about that. I was going more for the reverse idea: Man U's failure also keeps Liverpool out of Europe. After they had been hoping....and perhaps cheering Man U on in the cup?
  • That scenario offers some ;biggrin too.
  • I'm liking your thinking.
  • "I live and die by the results of Man Utd, but today I want the other team to win"

- Peter Schmeichel #MUNLEI

• Swansea beating Liverpool 2 nil half time ;hmm
  • 2-1 then 3-1
  • We needed that ;biggrin
  • Thanks Mr Klopp for fielding a youth team today ;clap
  • 1-1 mu v lc oh well could been worse
    But hay s'hamptons,, are beating man cith,, a big ask but it could happen ;pray
  • It's all in our hands now.
  • If Arsenal beat Man City next Monday, our game with Man Utd could be huge. The winner could be playing for 4th place on the last day of the season.
    However, before that we both have crucial games on Saturday.
  • Agreed ;ok
    ;wahoo
  • So glad this is going to the wire.

Of course it would be very "West Ham" if we end up missing out by a point or something.......

Any one of those defensive or refereeing mistakes cost us.

What a fitting end to the Boleyn if we go another 2 unbeaten and qualify for the CL.....after 36 years of very little it saves it all up for the end.
  • It's makes a change
    Worring about going down
    ;biggrin
  • I'm still unable to get used to the idea that the last 3 games have meaning and don't involve the fear of relegation!
  • Well to be honest I haven't realistcally feared relegation since Grant left.

Yes we had a couple of poor runs in the 3 years after, but we were never in a real scrap for too long. Feb 2014 was probably the worst in that time.

What is a nice turnaround is the fact the bulk of this squad couldn't barely buy a win at the 2nd half of last season. With a few quality additions and a different mentality now they don't know when they're beaten.

I never feel we're out of a game...and that's great.
  • Fellani banned for 3 games ;devil
  • Oh how terrible ;biggrin
  • Now who will they get to mark Carroll? :smiley:
  • Do you mean mark as in with his elbow like he usually does to opposition players ;wahoo
  • Now who will they get to mark Carroll? :smiley:

Carrick probably
  • He had a decent game against us in the Cup, he had been playing "okay" for all his shenanigans, that is a HUGE result for us TBH
  • All the discussion about who qualifies for European competitions, and dates of EL matches have been moved to their own thread here:
    http://www.whu606.com/discussion/9687/european-qualification-cl-and-el-who-goes-where-next-season
  • ;hmm not really peeps have commented on a thread ,,, that was different at the time,,,,,,,,
    I could of posted this at the start of the season ,,, and said " will anybody finish below us"
    And is der