Technology in Football, For or Against? And what kind?

2»

Comments

• Its somewhat bizarre when it comes to the "natural positioning of the arm", how is it actually defined?

For example if a person actually has that type of reaction consistently in their playing of football and in their normal day to day activities, could it not be defined as a natural position?

Enlighten me, please.
  • Here you are MJ, enlightenment awaits:

http://bfy.tw/45HP
  • That was clever Grey.
  • Glad you liked it.
  • As is my wont, I'll not add to a well considered debate with too much rational thought, rather a half-baked personal opinion. To wit; the notion of introducing more technology makes me feel a bit twitchy. Football is a game of skill and technique, but also of planned randomness (!), of flukey goals, uneven bounces

I'm quite comfortable with the fact that decisions that go against us, over the course of time, get evened up by those that go for us. Referees catch stuff, and they miss stuff, its all part of the game. As long as there are a sufficient number of masochists willing to go out on the pitch with a flag or a whistle and suffer the abuse that they do, we'll have lots to cheer and jeer about. I just want the game to continue to flow and quick on-field decisions are part of that for me. Football grounds would be a lot quieter if every decision was made perfect via technology.

My only caveat is that I'm very supportive of retroactive punishment for outright cheating and violent conduct. Had Ayew's elbow on Cresserz been missed during the game, I'd have no problem with him receiving a ban when such violent conduct had been analysed after the game.

• Please, let's keep football to a 90 minute + injury time game. I really don't want to be stopping and starting the game while videos are scrutinised. The super bowl is on this weekend. Passibly good sport to watch, ruined by the fact it takes 4 hours to get through 60 minutes of sport.
  • Wombat ;ok Yeppers. Couldn't agree more about American Football.
  • But the super bowl is all about advertising. $5m for a 30 second slot and approx $2.2b for the whole game. ;wahoo
  • IronHerb said:

But the super bowl is all about advertising. $5m for a 30 second slot and approx $2.2b for the whole game. ;wahoo

#poorman'spremierleague