Millwall vs West Ham; 12:30 Saturday 19th September

Someone other than Jay has to do it, so here I am. After all why not? Why shouldn't I start it?
«13456789

Comments

  • Tough boots to fill 🥾
    Jay 6 games undefeated 😮‍💨
  • I'm happy for you to take over, and I REALLY hope you last longer than I did, that would be truly fabulous.
  • They have given us a PL ref for the game......

    Let's hope he keeps it under control, I think it could be a very difficult game to control...

    Ref appointed -

    Referee: Tierney, Paul
    Assistant Referee: West, Richard
    Assistant Referee: Lewis, Sam
    Fourth Official: Smith, Lewis
  • On ITV as well as sky for UK coverage 📺
  • I know about the history of the “rivalry “ with Millwall but I never felt it really, probably because we don’t play each other much.
    My vitriol was always reserved for Tottenham , Man U and latterly Chelsea ( obvs).
  • I agree. I don't think about Millwall at all, I certainly don't hate them.
  • There hasn't really been much rivalry on the pitch for years, it was always more an "off the pitch" issue imo.
  • I have always thought it was far more them against us rather than us against them.
  • I was feeling confident about this until Alderz started the thread
  • I was feeling confident about this until Alderz started the thread

    Maybe you should have done it yourself earlier then.
  • I’m on holiday in Greece 😎 so will miss this one.🤦🏼‍♂️
    I’m going for a steady 2-0 away win to keep the show on the road. ⚒⚒
    COYI
  • Only 2? We are averaging almost 3 goals a game in the league. I would hope we score at least 3.
  • Going to at lest need 3 with our defence
  • Kilman and Mavro were shocking in the Prem and whilst they don't get torn apart quite so much in this division I would still have liked a replacement for Disasi and Tobido. I think the window was a great success and we have a bench that really allows us to make changes but I feel that a commanding centre back was the only position we missed. I am hoping our attacking play now can relieve them of so many opportunities to make mistakes but centre back is our weak spot in my view. We have the paring that took us down last season as I feel the damage done in those first few matches in which we gave goals away with every cross and corner was never recovered from.


  • The police exclusion zone for Saturday. Anyone found ‘misbehaving’ in this zone is liable to be arrested or removed.
  • It is amazing to think there are still football hooligans, it's 36 years since the eighties ended, surely it's just embarrassing now, not that it wasn't at the time.
  • IronHerb said:



    The police exclusion zone for Saturday. Anyone found ‘misbehaving’ in this zone is liable to be arrested or removed.

    That's bonkers. That's a huge area.
  • My Millwall supporting mate went home on Tuesday which is probably a good thing - to be fair he watched us three times during his visit, saw us score thirteen goals and still said he had enjoyed himself 😄
  • As posted on another thread recently, please can people flag posts they take issue with, rather than discuss them on the thread. I'm removing the discussion that is not about the game.
  • It is amazing to think there are still football hooligans, it's 36 years since the eighties ended, surely it's just embarrassing now, not that it wasn't at the time.

    My seat at the London Stadium is literally the last one before the away fans. All the older heads are calm but it's the 15-year-olds who want to imagine they're in Green Street Hooligans. Even if they don't have seats in the area they come down to shout some pathetic abuse in their squeaky voices and hold their phone numbers up for the away fans.

    Against Chelsea last season one of them threw a coin over. When we were walking out, we saw them crying as the police questioned them.
  • They finished 3rd last season but couldn't get past Hull in the playoffs. Two players were selected for the Championship team of the season, top scorer Femi Azeez joined Brighton and RB/CB Tristan Crama has been injured since the pre-season

    They have a bunch of injuries, big summer signing Belgian U21 AM Mathis Servais (£3m KV Mechelen) hasn't played at all while last season's 2nd top scorer CF Josh Coburn and 3rd top scorer Mihailo Ivanovic are both out so there are two new signings up front.

    Australian-born Scottish CF/AM Lyndon Dykes (53 caps, free, Charlton) has scored 4 in the last three league games while Guadalupe's AM/CF Tairyk Arconte (£2.6 m Ligue 2 Rodez) has scored 3 in six

    LW Camiel Neghli looks a bit useful, 4th top scorer last season, 2 assists and a goal so far

    Alex Neil has managed 375 Championship matches with five different clubs plus one season in the Premier League (2015-16 Norwich)

    Our last visit to the Den was 17th September 2011, 0-0
  • Aslef, you know what happens when you give this type of review on the opposition dont't you.
  • I just got a message from my Chelsea supporting mate in the Philippines whose West Ham supporting mate has flown back to London just for the game. Serious dedication or more money than sense. ;)
  • Get your money on a Taty yellow within 10 minutes & possible red
  • You’d assume it’s going to be the same 11 that played against Wrexham, hopefully with Souček & Magassa on the bench
  • Lukerz said:

    Get your money on a Taty yellow within 10 minutes & possible red

    I don’t trust your tips. You told us to get money on Orford to score the game he was dropped from the squad entirely!
  • edited September 19
    I don’t trust my tips either
  • IronHerb said:



    The police exclusion zone for Saturday. Anyone found ‘misbehaving’ in this zone is liable to be arrested or removed.

    City of London has now also been added to this by their police. Bit ridiculous now.
  • Not really. They want to keep trouble out of the city.
Sign In or Register to comment.