The first Match Thread - Home to Villa, 17th Aug - 17:30

123457»

Comments

• We were discussing Palace.
  • edited August 18
    You might have been discussing Palace as our being their bogey team and Bubbles as their being our bogey team.
    I was merely discussing a related point that there’s so many teams we rarely beat that calling them bogey teams is a waste of time whilst there are very few teams in the league who don’t beat us fairly regularly that we can be classed as their bogey team.
  • Done a bit of modding to take the personal niggly bits.

Nothing to see here.
  • non tua culpa Bubbles. Mea culpa fuit.
  • non tua culpa Bubbles. Mea culpa fuit.

No, I'm Spartacus =)
  • Lukerz said:

It will take time, but Liverpool started quickly, Brighton started quickly. It’s not a case of a new management team or/& new players means a slow start. It can be done. You can get a cohesive unit out on the pitch quickly.

I would say, the transformation that we’re making is larger than either of your examples. Liverpool have made 0 signings, so, whilst the manager is different, we’re talking about the same team, and it’s a team that is a perpetual title challenger. Brighton have been a possession based, technical side for a long time. We’re moving from a direct counter attacking defensive side, to a possession based patient one, with 8 new signings to fit in.

I think we all need to be patient with them, and I have faith we’ll get here.
  • We will also end up so much more solid in defence once Todibo can start alongside Kilman, Wan Bisaka comes in and Alveraz returns in DM, add in Emerson and that looks a very strong defensive set up.

I hoped for a point during the second half against villa but we have 37 more matches to play and I think this set of players will improve with each game now.
  • West Ham Clips are back, they've done another alternative commentary video:

As always, viewer discretion advised (language related, rather than simply watching us lose).