Spurs at Home, 2nd April

Game tonight and not a match thread in sight. I don’t expect a clean sheet, but I do expect an Antonio goal, because he often scores against this mob.

Comments

• COYI ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • 2-1 to us after 60 mins .Then Moyes brings Phillips on .Well you know the rest =)
  • Yesterday Postecoglou said there were no injuries so same squad as last time

He's started the same nine players three games in a row, the only variations are rotating Timo Werner and Brennan Johnson at LW with Radu Dragusin replacing Micky van de Ven for the last two while he recovered from a hamstring (he was back on the bench at the weekend)

Vicario
    Porro Romero Dragusin/Ven Udogie
    Sarr Bissouma
    Kulusevski Maddison Werner/Johnson
    Son

Obviously he might rotate a few players with Richarlson, Hojberg, Le Celso, Bentacur, Emerson Royal and Ben Davies on the bench in recent matches
  • It will be a tough ask over 90 (or more like 100+) minutes given we've basically got no re-inforcements on the bench. Can't see us getting anything from this tbh.
  • I might see if I can find a video of our last game against them, and watch that :-)
  • MrsGrey said:

I might see if I can find a video of our last game against them, and watch that :-)

I'd give the first half a miss if I were you, I suspect we'll see enough of that this evening.

• buffy, are you just saying they are a better team than us?
  • Hopefully, we have seen the last of Phillips, but Moyes ...

We need to win this to stand any chance of securing a European competition place for next season via league positions. We can score, but will let in a few.
  • buffy, are you just saying they are a better team than us?

More like they're a better squad.
  • Going on the general malaise in terms of thread numbers both here and on other forums, and the general apathy among the support for tonight, the VAR controversy of the last few games has really sucked the spirit out of everyone. Don't remember it ever being this subdued before a Spuds game.
  • I'm not apathetic. I feel strongly - I'm just worried, and dreading that losing feeling. Spurs have a better squad, and a better first 11 imo. After not losing 4 matches in a row, it all came back to me at the weekend:-( and I fear another dose of glooms.
  • There's a nagging feeling we'll be on the wrong end of another VAR call again, which starts to make doing the miles a bit of a drag...
  • This is one of the games I really get up for every season but, as others have said, the last couple of games have sucked a lot of life out the anticipation.
    Officiating in the last two league games have cost us five points and I’m still mightily miffed.
  • I agree with the empty feeling. After the last game I am glass half empty.
    If we had won against Newcastle I would be so up for it.
    I still find it amazing how the game of football has such an impact on emotions.
  • And how quickly one loss wipes out all the preceding feel-good.
  • alderz said:

I do expect an Antonio goal, because he often scores against this mob.

6 goals in 14 games but 4 in 8 home games and he's overdue a goal against them

I will be on train 067, going through Stratford 7:53pm going to Hainault (except almost guaranteed to be late), checking the score while changing ends, getting off at Leytonstone 8:38pm and catching the first bus to the pub

Right, I'm off COYI
  • Report from I think Hammers news saying there's sickness in our squad if that's true then its the Fulham score all over again .Sure that was the game where it came out afterwards that some players were sick
  • edited April 2
    Unchanged starting outfield 10 (Fabs in for Areola obviously):

Fabiański, Coufal, Mavropanos, Zouma ©, Emerson, Ward-Prowse, Souček, Paquetá, Kudus, Bowen, Antonio
    Subs: Anang (GK), Johnson, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Phillips, Earthy, Cornet, Ings, Mubama
  • Newcastle game knocked the stuffing out of me to be honest. I almost forgot we were playing tonight
  • Hard to get up for this one which is odd seeing as its Spurs
  • What are the odds of a Son goal. He always seems to score against us.
  • edited April 2
    MIAHammer said:

What are the odds of a Son goal. He always seems to score against us.

It feels like you can say that about half the players in the PL 😭😭😭.
  • Robbie Savage already telling West Ham fans what they should and shouldn't be happy about
  • Great chance for Bowen but it looked like he shinned it wide.
  • Grr. We were doing so well.
  • We’ve now managed to concede 4 times in about 20 minutes of football.
  • Why didn't Fab collect that cross? He's way too stuck on his line.
  • Get in, Zouma.
  • Off his back lol.