What fresh hell is this? It's not even March but here come the transfer rumours again!!!

1235»

Comments

• edited May 2
    I am not saying Kudus is as good as Salah.

But he is a quality replacement.

Don't want to lose him.
  • Kudus is 23, he's shown he can adapt (and thrive) in the Prem

Liverpools issue this year with their wingers is they haven't finished off their chances, other than Salah and Jota (who can't keep fit) their attacker don't convert enough chances

Say what you want abut Kudus but his quality in the final 3rd has been real impressive (both at us and at Ajax) inside and outside the box

He'd be a great replacement for Salah.... unfortunately

Hes also 9 years younger and 'apparantly' has a release caluse
  • C&H have linked us with Fulham's 26yo CB Tosin Adarabioyo (born Manchester so "home grown") who will leave on a free in the summer although Newcastle, Liverpool, Spurs, and AC Milan are also linked
  • The Sun (I know) claims that Lopetegui is already in talks to sign 26yo Moroccan CF Youssef En-Nesyri and 32yo Argentinian LB Marcos Acuna from Sevilla. He signed En-Nesyri in January 2020 and Acuna in September 2020

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27815812/west-ham-julen-lopetegui-summer-transfer-en-nesyri-acuna/#:~:text=Left-back Acuna is a,to current first choice Emerson.
  • always linked to En-Nesyr...maybe this time we'll get him
  • I have a sinking feeling that Lopetegui will bring in players from European leagues rather than the Championship or our youth setup. Two from each would suit me.
  • Daily Mirror says Arsenal will consider offers for Aaron Ramsdale, Eddie Nketiah, Emile Smith Rowe, Kieran Tierney, Nuno Tavares, Albert Sambi Lokonga and Reiss Nelson

On top of that Cedric Soares, Mohamed Elneny and 4th choice goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo are due to leave on frees

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-mikel-arteta-32775857
  • Not saying I think we should sign any or all of these, but Ramsdale, Nketiah, Tierney and Smith Rowe would get into our first XI when fit, IMO.
  • £150m the lot?
  • I am very concerned that we will lose Kudus. I believe he has a sell out clause of somewhere near £85,000

For me, he is our best player, I hope he stays.
  • Apparently the buy out is £85m applicable summer 2025 window.
  • I'd love Smith Rowe (think he'll go somewhere like Newcastle though). He'd be a good replacement for someone like Paqueta. Can play on the wing or no10 and he's a pretty efficient scorer when hes not in the injury room!
  • alderz said:

Not saying I think we should sign any or all of these, but Ramsdale, Nketiah, Tierney and Smith Rowe would get into our first XI when fit, IMO.

Some may get in even when not fit
  • I am very concerned that we will lose Kudus. I believe he has a sell out clause of somewhere near £85,000

I am very concerned that we will lose Kudus. I believe he has a sell out clause of somewhere near £85,000

I'll be crying if he goes for £85.000 hahaha
  • Bazshuayi said:

I'd love Smith Rowe (think he'll go somewhere like Newcastle though). He'd be a good replacement for someone like Paqueta. Can play on the wing or no10 and he's a pretty efficient scorer when hes not in the injury room!

Cant say I watch much of Arsenal but hasn't his development completely stalled for like 3 years now?

Quick scan on whoscored showed he had 21 starts in thr 21/22 season and followed that with none last year, only 3 this year

Whether that's throuh form or injuries both are big question marks

For like £10mil it's worth a punt but knowing Arsenal valuing their youngsters (like Nketiah who they valued once at £40mil) I think they'd want a big fee

If we let Paqueta go I'd hope for a more established player than a young player with one good season of experience
  • IMO, Kudus has obeyed my two golden rules on career management, the best time to look for another job is when you have one and the best chance of getting a better job is to do your absolute best at the one you have.

I am hopeful he will stick around to see how the new guy pans out but i would not be surprised if he attracts an offer from one of the big boys and if so, then good luck to him.
  • Bazshuayi said:

I'd love Smith Rowe (think he'll go somewhere like Newcastle though). He'd be a good replacement for someone like Paqueta. Can play on the wing or no10 and he's a pretty efficient scorer when hes not in the injury room!

Cant say I watch much of Arsenal but hasn't his development completely stalled for like 3 years now?

Quick scan on whoscored showed he had 21 starts in thr 21/22 season and followed that with none last year, only 3 this year

Whether that's throuh form or injuries both are big question marks

For like £10mil it's worth a punt but knowing Arsenal valuing their youngsters (like Nketiah who they valued once at £40mil) I think they'd want a big fee

If we let Paqueta go I'd hope for a more established player than a young player with one good season of experience
    Yes, he was injured for a time but when he returned Arsenal had improved (dramatically) and he wasn't barging out any of Saka Martinelli or Odegaard.

He has vision and can finish. As already said, I'd like him but I believe clubs higher than us in the league will snag him. I only mentioned him because out of those Arsenal players he is the one I'd pick
  • 2022/23 season Smith Rowe suffered a groin injury that required surgery and kept him out for four months. This season he missed 7 weeks with a knee injury
  • Good luck to him

Not a fan of when fans start saying they should be given another chance or that we didn't use them right because no 2 leagues are the same and no 2 teams play the same style. It's a bit of an irrelevant comparison imo.

We saw plenty of him for us, he did OK but he struggled with the speed and intensity of the league as he didn't get the time he does in France....he had a good error in him.

Think players like Downes It's different, where they're younger and on less wages then these international players

It's about £10mil not including the loan fee, add that to the £13mil we'll, be getting for Benrahma (you'd imagine) it's a decent fee into the kitty for new blood. Also you got the £8mil for Fornals in the winter. Plus Cresswell, Ogbonna, Johnson wages off the bill.

Hopefully goes someway to kick-start the squad rebuild that's desperately needed
  • Rumours online today that Johnson has rejected another contract offer and is leaving. Coufal has said he wants to stay, he loves the club, but only has one year left so “we’ll see”.
  • It’s all down to the new manager (head coach) so anything is possible at the moment.
  • Apparently Kudus mentioned in an interview about a player we should be looking at signing. He played with him in Ghana, reckons he's the best player he's played with. He's 23, plays in the middle of the park, a number 6 and his name is Emmanuel Danso. He plays in Norway and having just looked at him on YouTube, he looks good and is two footed.
  • So glad he has 2 feet .sign him up =)
  • Apparently Kudus mentioned in an interview about a player we should be looking at signing. He played with him in Ghana, reckons he's the best player he's played with. He's 23, plays in the middle of the park, a number 6 and his name is Emmanuel Danso. He plays in Norway and having just looked at him on YouTube, he looks good and is two footed.

What a big mouth that Kudus is !
  • edited May 17
    Loads of skilful players out there.

Can they do it on a rainy night in Stoke?

(My point being, there's more to making a good signing than getting a baller from Norway)

Edit- he's same age as Haaland.

• Never mind a rainy night in stoke .Lets see if the players we have can do it on a sunny may day in Manchester =)