Arsenal (H) 2pm Sunday 11 Feb live on Sky

1235»

Comments

• I dont think Zouma has long left in professional football. Whatever knee problem he has its getting worse every week.

This game is done anyway.

The half time sub of Zouma I think just makes me think this even more. I think he is done as a professional footballer. He simply cannot run anymore. A beast in the air and decent positioning more often than not, but he constantly looks injured when trying to run.

I dont have faith in Aguerd or Dinos either really. I think Aguerd if we can get our money back needs to go, not a PL defender.
  • Zouma just seems shot, he's getting worse and worse by the game at the moment, he barely looks like he'll make it through this season at any sort of a standard, let alone be of any use next season.
  • Guess Antonio will walk right back in to the team .Which I did not see happeing in Dec
  • I'm not naming and shaming ( because I can't remember who it was ( but I had to mod someone for swearing earlier. But just a reminder that even when we are thrashed, swearing must be limited to your own home, pub, garden... The more the better, just not here :-)
  • edited February 11

You need to go back a long way for a home defeat of that level.

First game of the 2019/20 season, 0-5 City, Sterling got a hat trick. Notable that we only had 5 shots on goal in that match too

There are days when I'm glad to be working when we are playing and certainly glad I wasn't down the pub as it would have been packed out with Gooners
  • It’s been nearly 30 years since we had a calendar year start this bad.
  • Not sure what to say about that game.
    I guess move on.
  • Cresswell?

That's it. That's my post.
  • This surely demonstrates that Moyes's tactics need to be binned, they just do not work against the big boys.
    This result could up being the last nail in his time at West Ham.
    Results like this, along with the thrashings by Villa & Fulham are not going to attract the kind of player we are all want to see here.
  • Yeah, cos we haven't beaten Arsenal since ... Oh, hang on.

Ok, the other big boys you mean
    Like Man U and Spurs?
  • Any top side (or any side) can batter anybody in the PL, on their day. Especially sides like Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City. We use sitting deep tactics usually against the bigger clubs & are usually successful at either staying in the game or taking points. Today, for a host of reasons, it didn’t work.

Moyes can’t afford too many more of them, given his contract situation. The players were really poor today in every area & Arsenal were very good in every area. There is no excuse for losing 6-0 at home to any side, it’s not good enough, but we know that these results can happen in this league.
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm not naming and shaming ( because I can't remember who it was ( but I had to mod someone for swearing earlier. But just a reminder that even when we are thrashed, swearing must be limited to your own home, pub, garden... The more the better, just not here :-)

It was me Mrs Grey. I know it wasn't a bad swear word but I apologise all the same. This team just frustrate me so much.
  • edited February 11
    Bubbles, whose tactics DO work against the big boys?

There's a reason they are the 'big boys' - they accumulate more points more consistently. So by definition, the 'not big boys' drop points against them over a period of time - so, ergo, none of the 'little boys' have tactics or - crucially - good enough players to dominate against the big boys.
  • edited February 11
    MrsGrey said:

Yeah, cos we haven't beaten Arsenal since ... Oh, hang on.

Ok, the other big boys you mean
    Like Man U and Spurs?

MrsGrey, are you forgetting, Man U beat us 3-0 last week.

In 3 hours of football plus ET we are 0-9

This tactic of conceding ca. 75/80% possession and relying on a counter-attack is too risky, especially if we go behind as we did today against a team that presses hard.
    We rely too much on hoping to steal possession and breakaway attack.
    We've been found out, no wins in 2024 is not a good look.
    Moyes took responsibility for the team he selected but said they should take responsibility for their performance, yes, but his team selection is to suit his preferred tactics.
    Today was humiliating, and I can't see Kudus or Paqueta wanting to hang around more than they have to.

• edited February 11
    Lukerz said:

I think without Antonio & Paqueta, & having allowed Benrahma & Fornals to leave, that is all we really have in terms of a natural shape with the players we have. I’m sure Antonio will be on the bench.

We won’t lose this game.

I'll say no more ;)
  • Sorry, meant to add in the first 20 mins.
  • I'm not reacting to todays game or the last one. Just a comment about the amount of sides in the Premiership that choose to play positively. Maybe not toe to toe but I believe the number of teams that want to be on the front foot has increased. Perhaps its the managers brought in (like the guy at Bournemouth)?

We all know what we are going to get with Moyes sso I dont see why other teams/management will not know this too.

As other hve commented, with regard to our star players, how long will they be cool with playing in such a scaredy cat way?

Whether its close to the West Ham perceived way or not, I would like us to employ a manager (whether Potter, the guy at Brighton or Bournemouth et) with that mindset. Yes, no doubt we'll get stuff some weeks. But I'll take that over having to look at highlights of other teams positive play to get some enjoyment out of watching football.
  • All those fans (not on here I don't think) mocking Rice's decision to leave to go to Arsenal might have to have a rethink.
  • The first 30 minutes were OK. Then I remarked "it's 30 minutes.They'll score now" and they did. It's all my fault- I'm surprised Moyes didn't mention it in his presser.
    (My first post was deleted because it contained nothing but swear words.)
  • I can't believe the club actually have a 'Highlights of the Arsenal game' video up on the website.
  • MrsGrey said:

I can't believe the club actually have a 'Highlights of the Arsenal game' video up on the website.

It is very short, but long enough for six goals.
  • I still don't understand why Cornet didn't get a few minutes or didn't start. Could he worse than the team Moyes fielded. It is odd to pay a right full-back in the left wing midfield position. Johnson is no Paqueta. So why was Cornet not selected?
    There must be somebody half decent in the Development Squad.