Other matches stretched across the so-called winter break, from 12/1

Josh Cullen starts for Burnley in the Friday night match. Good luck to him.

Comments

• Having fallen behind in the first half, Luton score another late goal to nick a point. It will be a talking point though, many may feel that a Luton player fouled the keeper preventing him reaching the cross that was headed home for the equaliser. I'll be honest, I thought it would be disallowed when VAR checked it, but I'm glad it wasn't; if the contact was by the Luton player was on anyone other than the keeper, I don't see the goal being disallowed. I don't think the keeper was getting the ball anyway, so he should be treated as any other player imo. Keepers get way too much their own way; they're free to push anyone they want at corners which other players wouldn't get away with.
  • Id have to disagree. We would all be fuming if that happened against us.
    The luton player barges the keeper and VAR say it was a collision.
    Its the inconsistencies that make it worse. Most games that would have been a foul on the goal keeper.
  • I did say I was surprised it was allowed to stand, and, as things are usually interpreted atm, yes, I'd be unhappy if it stood against us. I agree that consistency is the thing most fans want in decision making, and this seems out of line with past decisions.

However, going forward I'd prefer keepers to be treated as other players are, and not to be given special treatment by referees (apart from being able to handle the ball ldo).
  • I can't see how that goal stood as the Luton player is going away from the ball towards the keeper and making no contribution to the action other than to impede the keeper. I think it's one of the worst VAR decisions this season. and there are many. It's beyond my understanding how the VAR ref has narrated that incident to himself. The keeper doesn't jump into the player, the player moves into the keeper preventing his jumping, that's obstruction clear and simple. In another game this week someone will brush the keepers arm in a fair jump and the ref will give a foul, what a state of affairs.
  • edited January 13
    Meanwhile outside the Prem

Bristol City 0-0 away at Preston, same starting XI as last weekend

Bolton v Cheltenham has been suspended after a fan was taken ill

Orient are 3-0 up at top of the table Portsmouth and Pompey had a penalty saved

Home fans invaded the pitch at Reading in protest at mismanagement by the Chinese owner Dai Yongge along with his friend and "advisor" Kia Joorabchian

There's a name I never wanted to see again...
  • edited January 13
    Middleborough's coach got stuck in traffic on the way to Bermondsey as the Blackwall tunnel is closed southbound this weekend (and the next four weekends)

You'd think someone would have checked

Despite a 15 minute delay to kick off Boro are now 2-1 up

Bristol City are 1-0 down and the Reading match is off as the fans won't leave the pitch
  • Edison injured and now off in the first few minutes against Newcastle. Could have been completely avoided if linesmen were allowed to immediately call an offside rather than waiting to see what happens.
  • It's a cracking game.
  • 2-2 good game
  • 2-3.

De Bruyne has been outstanding.

Age 32.
  • Newcastle don't gain any ground on us .good result for us

• Absolute cracker of a game.
    Shame Newcastle came second best =)
  • City winner scored by Oscar Bobb is he anything to do with sideshow bob on the Simpson's =)
  • Fabulous advertisement for the Premier League. Both teams contributed and five cracking goals.
  • Agreed, a proper game, five great goals and Newcastle ended up losing in the 91st minute, oh dear what a pity. how sad

😀
  • To be fair, that ball from KDB to Bobb, was a thing of beauty
  • So Utd have just gone 2-1 up against Spurs but I have no idea how, they have been rubbish.
  • Who do you pick out of those two .Perhaps they will both loose =)
  • United’s defence is all over the place this second half.
  • steve said:

Who do you pick out of those two .Perhaps they will both loose =)

Not sure who I wanted to lose the most, but Scott McTominay missing an absolute sitter in the last minute made my day 😀
  • We should be all over...
  • I've just spotted that Paul McCallum (ex West ham kid) is in the line up for Eastleigh, against Newport.

He's got 22 goals already this season.

#shouldabin
  • Blackpool from 0-2 down are level at 2-2 against Notts Forest.
    Proper FA Cup tie.
  • Have lots of memories of Blackpool including the drunken thrashing up there in the cup and the play off win at Wembley.
    One that I often think of is of a visit to friends in Yorkshire in October/November 1992 and a trip to watch Bradford play Blackpool. I saw a young Blackpool player who stood head, shoulders and everything else above any player on the pitch. On the Monday I wrote a letter to Billy Bonds telling him that he should go and watch this player as he’s only about 19 but a guaranteed England international of the future and would be perfect for us. I didn’t get an acknowledgment or response and in the summer of 1993 that player signed for QPR. It took another 10 years for us to sign him. It was Trevor Sinclair.
    My only effort at trying to be a scout.
  • Forest 3-2 up now so we are the only PL side to mess up against lower league opposition.
  • Loved watching Trev play (and admired him at QPR too)