Next 8 Games (GW17-24)

Remember, this IS NOT a prediction game. This is simply saying, from this batch of fixtures, what is the cut off point between good and bad. You could go one further and say what is the cut off between good, decent and bad if you want to, but basically you need to say the minimum number of points that think is acceptable after this run of games.

So, our next 8 games are:
1. Wolves at home
2. Man Utd at home
3. Arsenal away
4. Brighton at home
5. Sheffield Utd away
6. Bournemouth at home
7. Man Utd away
8. Arsenal at home

Comments

• IMO there are some really tricky fixtures in this set. I'd like to think that we will get something from at least one of the Man Utd games, but we always seem to get absolutely no luck against them. I'm going to say the minimum I'd be happy with is 10 points.
  • edited December 2023
    8. It's a tough set of fixtures, double headers against both Arsenal and Man Utd, plus on a roll Bournemouth and Brighton who, although we beat them earlier in the season, have generally had our number in recent seasons.
  • Going for 12 .its the hope that kills you =)
  • Disappointed with less than 8
    Satisfied 8 - 11
    Delighted 11+ (which I passed in 1970 btw)
  • Anything more than 9 would be good, but I don’t think we will achieve it, so satisfied with 9.
  • 13 would make me happy.
  • We've exceeded my acceptable level with a mere 5 games in hand.
  • MrsGrey said:

10 is ok.

So 9.

But we have to play man U and arsenal again in this period.

I can't see that we'll get anything second time around.
  • MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey said:

10 is ok.

I can't see that we'll get anything second time around.
    Well, we have beaten Arsenal twice already this season. A clean sweep would be nice, don't you think?
  • We've exceeded my acceptable level with a mere 5 games in hand.

Same for me!
  • I'd now like to review my decision please and say less than 15 would be disappointing =)
  • If we apply ourselves like last night, I can see 18 being a possibility now.
  • The mood appears to be a little down at the moment, so I just thought I'd remind everyone that we have 12 points from our past 7 games. That means everyone has already reached their minimum expectations with a game to spare, with the exception of nychammer66 who thought 13 was the least we should be happy with.
  • alderz said:

The mood appears to be a little down at the moment, so I just thought I'd remind everyone that we have 12 points from our past 7 games. That means everyone has already reached their minimum expectations with a game to spare, with the exception of nychammer66 who thought 13 was the least we should be happy with.

I had us down for 8 so I should be extremely happy but somehow I’m not. I guess my expectations were raised after those first 3 games.
  • MIAHammer said:

alderz said:

The mood appears to be a little down at the moment, so I just thought I'd remind everyone that we have 12 points from our past 7 games. That means everyone has already reached their minimum expectations with a game to spare, with the exception of nychammer66 who thought 13 was the least we should be happy with.

I had us down for 8 so I should be extremely happy but somehow I’m not. I guess my expectations were raised after those first 3 games.
    I think that this is often the problem with fan expectation, generally speaking. The whole purpose of looking at the 8 game stretch is to stop us being so heavily influenced by what has just happened. At the time, people thought about 12 was a good return. Just because we had a few surprising / good results doesn't mean that 12 isn't that anymore. We all get too swept up by recency, IMO.

I wonder if we'd drawn with Arsenal but beaten Sheffield United, whether that would feel better, even though it's objectively the same outcome.