SC Freiburg (A) Thursday 5 Oct 5:45pm ko (TNT Sports 2)

124»

Comments

• Bowen should have scored there. Quality from Paqueta.
  • Great chance for Bowen after amazing work by Paqueta.

Paqueta and JWP off for Ings and Mubama.
  • Danny Ings looks less than trim.
  • A 2-1 in the hardest group game on paper. Lovely stuff.
  • Good result, mixed performance although more good than bad.
  • Records falling left right and centre.

So massive.
  • Great result that.
    We rode our luck a bit but deserved the win overall.
  • JWP for both signing and HOTY ?
  • Loving this Europe campaign again.
  • MrsGrey said:

Danny Ings looks less than trim.

Maybe he's following the Benni McCarthy diet

Meanwhile....

and

• I can’t say I see either of those
  • Even though most of it was in the Conference League, 17 games unbeaten in Europe is incredibly impressive. These away games are not easy at all.
  • 17 games, 16 wins, 1 draw. Massive!
  • If we also take into account our Europa Cup run in 21/22 which I believe was 7 wins, 2 draws & 3 losses - that's an 85% win ratio for the last 3 seasons so far. Not bad at all.
    A far cry from when Astra Giurgiu used to knock us out in the qualifying round.
  • Even though most of it was in the Conference League, 17 games unbeaten in Europe is incredibly impressive. These away games are not easy at all.

I only just realized that this is a record for an English club.
  • Yeah, makes me wonder why I type stuff :)
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yeah, makes me wonder why I type stuff :)

I wonder that about you a lot 😂🤣😂.

• Anyway, noticed on both BBC and Sky (when I looked at both sites back to back) that our record setting feat wasn't deemed good enough to be placed higher than Liverpool Villa and Rangers exploits. When I saw it for the first time on BBC there were at least 6 news items above it (them it got moved up a bit)

However we played, getting a result in Germany against a side who have done very well in recent times is no mean achievement!
  • Nice read, was unable to watch and catch the game, ended up reading it on here with bated breath.

COYI. 🍾
  • All the more impressive as an away win, with the only fans being from SC Freiburg
  • I think you'll find that there were a number of Hammers in the stadium.
  • Excellent comment from the BBC comments section:
    "West Ham are MASSIVE, even when we can't go."
  • Excuse the ignorance, but why were West Ham fans banned from the stadium?
  • The throwing incident at the final against fiorentina.
  • Excuse the ignorance, but why were West Ham fans banned from the stadium?

Somebody threw a vape at Fiorentina captain Cristiano Biraghi, cut his head and had to be bandaged

We are banned for two away matches although the second is suspended. Fans will be allowed to travel to Olympiacos but if there's any more trouble we would be banned for at least one more match

Freiburg fans rolled out a banner before the start of the match opposing the ban. We ought to have a friendly there next summer just to show our appreciation

• We are banned for two away matches although the second is suspended. Fans will be allowed to travel to Olympiacos but if there's any more trouble we would be banned for at least one more match

Greece - not the place to go if you want to avoid fan trouble O.o
  • Moyes feels our pain: "But we are really enjoying [Paqueta] at the moment and he is terrific at taking the ball under pressure - but also there are moments when I say: 'what are you doing'?"
  • MrsGrey said:

We are banned for two away matches although the second is suspended. Fans will be allowed to travel to Olympiacos but if there's any more trouble we would be banned for at least one more match

Greece - not the place to go if you want to avoid fan trouble O.o
    Extra glad we didnt sign Maguire and had to take him to Greece