Ryder Cup

This discussion was created from comments split from: Couldn't think - from Dec 2022.

Comments

• The Ryder Cup just about to start, let's hope our boys have a better first session than the girls managed in the Solheim Cup last Friday morning 🤞🤞🤞.
  • Just turned on the golf, ah those lovely Americans eh?
    My hackles are already up.
  • Awesome first day, clean sweep with a couple of easy victories this morning, looked like USA were going to reduce the lead this afternoon as they were up in the first three games at one point on the back nine, but amazingly we managed to half all 3 of those to go with a comfortable win in the last match and actually extend our lead to 6.5 v 1.5 . Very much Europe's day.
  • Just watched the last hour or so today - brilliant drama and excellent golf.
  • USA finally win a match, but Europe take the morning foursomes 3-1 to lead 9.5 to 2.5 .
  • A poor afternoon session, USA win it 3-1. It could easily have been 2-2 though, as McIlroy and Fitzpatrick were 1 up with 2 to play in the last match, but lost the final 2 holes to lose their match. Still a very healthy 5 point lead overall, but a little bit of momentum for USA going into tomorrow's singles.
  • Only 4 points needed. No need to panic if the US start redding up the top of the leaderboard early on. We've got this!
  • Won’t be easy tomorrow. We only need 4 points but generally the US are much better in singles matches than they are in pairs.
  • Come on Europe.
  • Lot of red creeping onto the board
  • Still more blue than red atm.
  • We are just hanging onto our 4 points at the moment. A long way to go yet but the Americans have got their tails up.
  • edited October 2023
    It looks like it will be very tight. Some of the Europeans are bottling it on the greens. Always feel the Americans will sink their putts.
  • Great 18th hole by Rahm to win the hole and get a half.
  • edited October 2023
    Justin Rose is fighting so hard, was three down, got it back to one, then two down, now back to one down with three to play, against Cantlay who finished so strongly yesterday afternoon. Even a half would be brilliant.
  • Rose loses. Cantlay rarely seems to miss his putts
  • edited October 2023
    And now Fitzpatrick has put his tee shot on 16 into the water when only one down, so we're almost certainly going to need a half point from somewhere in the last 6 matches which USA are dominating so far.
  • As my Yorkshire Mrs would say “ It’s proper knickergripping int’t?”
  • Omg, Homa has followed Fitzpatrick into the water 😂🤣😂
  • We are going to need a point from Fleetwood or McIntyre and it’s going to be nervy for them as I doubt they thought that would be the case.
  • I’ve lost count of how many putts inside 6ft or so we’ve missed today.
  • We are going to need a point from Fleetwood or McIntyre and it’s going to be nervy for them as I doubt they thought that would be the case.

Just a half from either should be enough, and Fitzpatrick is still alive after scraping a half to stay only one down with two to play.

• Hatton wins so we now need just a half.
  • edited October 2023
    Half a point from 7 matches should be doable, but we're down in 5 of the 7 atm, and only 1 up in the two matches we're winning.
  • edited October 2023
    Wow, Homa taking an unplayable lie penalty drop on the 18th, playing his 4th with Fitzpatrick 18 ft away in 3.

Fitzpatrick misses, Homa with an 8 ft putt to halve the hole and win his match.
  • Fitzpatrick blows his chance of a half.
  • Such a shame, Fitzpatrick had a chance of glory there.
  • Especially as Homa took a penalty shot but still got par. This is getting nervy as our guys are missing too many putts.
  • This last half point is making me sweat