Liverpool (A) Sunday at 2pm

Comments

• Very disappointed with the result. We had chances but didn't take them. Just like Man City last week, they lofted the ball in the middle and scored. Have they worked out Aguera. Disappointing afternoon from Antonio and we didn't have a replacement on the bench. Ings has passed it.

We have now lost two consecutive games against quality teams and that should dampen the hype a bit. Now need to win the EPL next game
  • Antonio got nothing from the ref again, I definitely thought it was a push on him before the second goal and he thought it was a waste of time appealing but VAR should have gone back to check anyway.
  • We just need to stop scoring first when we play the sky 6 teams :o
  • For a bloke the size of Antonio he seems to get pushed around or over a lot. Maybe refs look at this and think he’s simulating.
  • Pengeman said:

We have now lost two consecutive games against quality teams and that should dampen the hype a bit.

Genuine question. What hype?

I can't say I'm aware of any. (Must be reading the wrong sites.)
  • Always disappointing how we never seem to get results away in these sorts of games.
  • At Anfield you have to convert your chances and we failed to do so, to be fair, Bowens goal was excellent but you cannot expect to get much out of the game if you miss the sort of chances we created.

Liverpool deserving of the points but I think the scoreline flatters them, we gave them a game and it could just as easily have been 4-3.

I would like to have seen more of Kudus, imo, he can consider himself unlucky not to start but overall, it was a decent performance where we mixed it up a bit.
  • It was a good performance overall, which hopefully bodes well for the future.

I think that Kudus and Alvarez will become great players for us in the next month or two.
  • Defence isn’t solid enough. No clean sheets this season.
  • Coufal with another assist - a pinpoint cross onto someone's head 12" above the ground again. =)
  • Aguard does look a bit shaky, not quite on it and gets caught out to often
  • We did alright and with a bit more luck could have got something.

Bigger picture, it's not been a straightforward first six fixtures - four of them away from home, and we've played City, Liverpool, Brighton and Chelsea already. 10 points from those games isn't bad at all.
  • Moyes finally gave us what we've been asking for. We didn't sit back and invite them to run at us. We still lost but we gave it our best shot. Liverpool know that we gave them a game.
  • Aguard does look a bit shaky, not quite on it and gets caught out to often

I agree. That's why I was so surprised when there seemed to be some interest from one of the big teams.
  • I wonder how long until Dinos gets into the side in Aguerd’s place?
  • Liverpool have a fantastic home record and IMO we gave them a good game, we move on…. ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Not really happy giving city and Liverpool good games when we conced 6 .
  • steve said:

Not really happy giving city and Liverpool good games when we conced 6 .

Happy probably isn’t the right word, but you expect to lose and hope to give them a game, so it’s 🤷🏻‍♂️ for me
  • edited September 2023

Coufal with another assist - a pinpoint cross onto someone's head 12" above the ground again. =)

We play on the floor =)
  • Liverpool’s attack seemed to carry more threat than City’s (or we just defended worse)
  • MrsGrey said:

Pengeman said:

We have now lost two consecutive games against quality teams and that should dampen the hype a bit.

Genuine question. What hype?

I can't say I'm aware of any. (Must be reading the wrong sites.)
    I was thinking about Antonio's claim: "You know what, I think we are going to finish higher than Liverpool this season". We lost 3-1 to Liverpool.

• Considering they were playing against 12 men, West Ham did very well. I was fuming at the bias Kavanagh showed all match. 😡
  • Shout out for Coufal today, and this season generally. He's dealt with some red hot wingers, and has a better end product to his charges down the wing. Maybe one day he'll score a goal 🙂
  • edited September 2023
    Is anyone going to start the Lincoln thread? Only 2 days and 11 hours before kick off

If not...
  • Pengeman said:

I was thinking about Antonio's claim: "You know what, I think we are going to finish higher than Liverpool this season". We lost 3-1 to Liverpool.

:+1:
  • Apart from the Luton and Backa Topola games I thought our season so far has been great. We never were going to win all our matches, especially not against the top teams but so far we have played well most of the time and had we been more clinical could have got something against City and Liverpool. We are giving the big teams something to think about, have already beaten Brighton and Chelsea this season and it seems that we have got the buy of the season in JWP.
  • Antonio needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and concentrate on improving his touch and finishing and less on his podcast.
  • Do you want to tell him that or shall I?😉
  • Sadly though Thorn is right, Antonio was made to look a fool after yesterday’s performance, he came out 2nd best on all ariel duels and missed a sitter….
    The Liverpool fans are having a field day and while he might be able to take it on the chin, he should rather just let his football do the talking, something he failed to do yesterday IMO.
  • Sadly though Thorn is right, Antonio was made to look a fool after yesterday’s performance, he came out 2nd best on all ariel duels and missed a sitter….
    The Liverpool fans are having a field day and while he might be able to take it on the chin, he should rather just let his football do the talking, something he failed to do yesterday IMO.

Thing is jay he does let the football do the talking, but he's an awful orator. 🤷‍♂️