Thursday Night Football: TSC Backa Topola at London Stadium

Comments

• It’s crazy that Cornet can’t even get 15 minutes here.
  • Antonio’s touch is appalling.
  • Ward-Prowse set pieces are like a cheat code
  • edited September 2023
    Cheer up!

Paqueta yells at Antonio, then himself gives the ball away. Needs to worry about his own play.

( was replying to thornbury)
  • JWP is going to end the season with 20-25 assists.
  • I like the look of Mavro.
  • I like the look of Mavro.

Yeah I think all three of the new lads have stood out tonight
  • Anyone know why Bowen is not even on the bench
  • edited September 2023
    steve said:

Anyone know why Bowen is not even on the bench

He's ill, according to my comms.
  • I like the way Mavrepanos passes in front of the player
  • Why did the ref stop the game for a player with cramp?
  • Mavro is a big lad, but has a good pass
  • Also good at cushioning headers to teammates to keep possession
  • What a mess, nightmare, useless

Ooh I’ve missed the match day comments.👍

• Hard work ,But they got there in the end
  • Me to Mrs Slack after they scored-“We’ll still win this game.”

You’re welcome.🙂
  • Not sure Antonio & Ings will work in a 4-4-2 in the Champions League next season, personally.
  • “What a mess, nightmare, useless”. Those comments were aimed at the chaos leading to their goal. There were about 4 passes in that attack and 3 of them were by us, all backwards, culminating in a mess by Oggy.
  • Agreed, we'd have sold Ings to Forest for 30M by then ;)
  • That game was almost an exact mirror of the Man. City game.
  • We top the table :-)
  • edited September 2023
    The obvious ricket aside, thought that was a pretty decent performance by all.

I liked seeing Ings and Antonio both on, with Antonio taking the lead role, there were a couple of occasions where Ings dropped back to pick up the ball, he quickly passed it forward towards Antonio and got on his bike in support.

Just as I was cheered up by seeing this, (and the two quick goals we scored) and thinking that we can afford to be a bit adventurous, DM did not disappoint me and promptly went conservative and took Ings off for Soucek.

Soucek then did what he does best, quickly got caught in possession where we could easily have been punished but he then popped up at the near post and scored a great headed goal securing the points.

It was great to see us have the ball and we played some nice stuff on the wings but we nonetheless managed to make it quite frustrating as we struggled to create much in the way of real chances until we found ourselves behind.

To be fair, job done, we played quite well and overall we have to be satisfied with the 3 points
  • edited September 2023
    Olympiacos lost 3-2 at home to Freiberg. I'd better start Googling...
  • Unpopular opinion but I’ve seen some comments saying “Kudus/Paqueta/JWP had a great game”. I’m glad we got the win but I didn’t think any of them played particularly well
  • Unpopular opinion but I’ve seen some comments saying “Kudus/Paqueta/JWP had a great game”. I’m glad we got the win but I didn’t think any of them played particularly well

Personally, I thought that Paqueta was very busy without making much impact with the ball, and Kudus and JWP were both game changers in the end.
  • alderz said:

Unpopular opinion but I’ve seen some comments saying “Kudus/Paqueta/JWP had a great game”. I’m glad we got the win but I didn’t think any of them played particularly well

Personally, I thought that Paqueta was very busy without making much impact with the ball, and Kudus and JWP were both game changers in the end.
    Yeah I agree Paqueta was busy but had his worst game for us for a while. Kudus grew into the game but for the most part, didn’t look great and almost seemed like he was playing within himself (obviously he scored and rhe OG could’ve easily been his goal so it’s hard to be too critical). Similarly, I didn’t think JWP had a great game (however, again, two of his corners led to 2 of our goals so it’s hard to be critical here as well).
  • The coms in Germany were praising Paquetta for his defensive work.
    But once more this game showed how much work there is to be done until we are comfortable with possession.
  • Ogbonna looked slow. He doesn't have any pace anymore.
    Cresswell was always looking to pass the ball backwards.
    These guys look like they're done unless we pick up some injuries