Other PL games this weekend and the mid-week European games (except ours)

edited September 2023 in Other Teams & Matches
Can't believe nobody has wanted to offer an opinion on the many exciting things that have happened so far 😄

Comments

• I think we were probably all about to laugh at Spurs when Sheff Utd went all Spursy in extra time and lost it.
  • Yup, Spurs innit.
  • Well Man U lost made me happy
  • Millwall v Leeds going on ,Should be a good battle ,Game might be okay as well =)
  • That VAR call in the Arsenal game was awful
  • alderz said:

That VAR call in the Arsenal game was awful

Cannot agree there....Correct call by the laws....
  • I checked out all the goals from yesterday. Have to say Brighton were really clinical with theirs. I'm sure plenty of people fancied them to go to Utd and win such has been their elevated status in recent times. I think its a measure also of how clinical we were against them...
  • alderz said:

Really? The Everton player kicked the ball through to Nketiah, after Gabriel played the ball in the total opposite direction. Surely him playing the ball means it’s not offside? Though tbh I don’t understand the offside rule these days.
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

Though tbh I don’t understand the offside rule these days.
    Who does?

• It has to be intentional by the opposition player for it to be offside and although the Everton player lifted his leg I think he was trying to block it so I expect it was considered unintentional. What his intention was when he raised his leg is anybody’s guess.
  • We should probably just ask Mike Dean what his thoughts are the next time hes on VAR. That'll clear any confusion up
  • Bazshuayi said:

We should probably just ask Mike Dean what his thoughts are the next time hes on VAR. That'll clear any confusion up

It will all depend on whether his mate is reffing or not.
  • He won’t be on VAR though as he now works for Sky
  • I do not like Arteta at all but to be fair, he has got Arsenal playing with style and confidence, they looked really good against an admittedly poor Everton
  • edited September 2023

I do not like Arteta at all but to be fair, he has got Arsenal playing with style and confidence, they looked really good against an admittedly poor Everton

I don't mind Arteta. Wenger was always going to be a hard act to follow and Arteta was decent enough to take the blame for Arsenal not winning the title last season

Meanwhile Klopp has been managing Liverpool for 8 years but nothing is ever his fault and Ten Hag is looking like a total muppet
  • Ten Hag is worse than OGS.
  • That was a lovely goal Hudson Odoi
  • I watched a couple of Burnley games last season and had never been more convinced of a team about to make the transition from Championship to Prmeiership look comfortable. They looked like a class above the Championship, yet they are finding it tricky to get points, such is the strength of the Premiership. I do think Kompany will get them picking up points soon however and avoid a relegation scrap for them.

I have also never been more convinced that Luton had no chance of Premiership survival. I could see them not hitting 10 points by Christmas as I can't see where wins are coming from. Their next three matches are Wolves, Everton and Burnley, if they haven't picked up some points from them three matches they will be in big trouble.
  • Luton have 0 - played 3 away games (Chelsea, Brighton Fulham) and 1 home (Massive WHU)

Burnley have 1 - played 3 home games (City, Villa, Spurs) and 1 away (Forest).

Quite a mismatch in terms of H/A and top 6 opposition.

tbh, I can't see either of them staying up, at this point.
  • I cant see Luton getting a win all season :)
  • Apparently, it's now Harry Kane's Bayern Munich.

• So guess your saying Bayern won't win a cup this season
  • PSV have decided not to do any of that dull #defending stuff. So overrated, apparently..
  • Man U sure have there Problems
  • Onana seems such a liability.
  • You wonder if Ten Hag's days are numbered.

As an outsider, it looks as though he doesn't know what he's doing.
  • MrsGrey said:

You wonder if Ten Hag's days are numbered.

As an outsider, it looks as though he doesn't know what he's doing.

I'm sure you could make a chant out of this. 😉
  • Ten Hags days are indeed numbered

#Nine Hag, Eight Hag...
  • After watching mctomminay the last few games. Im glad we didnt get him and i hope we dont try to get him next year. He strolls back so many times. Glad JWP proved my opinions wrong.
  • After watching mctomminay the last few games. Im glad we didnt get him and i hope we dont try to get him next year. He strolls back so many times. Glad JWP proved my opinions wrong.

Yeah I thought McTominay would be a decent signing for us, but this season so far he just doesn't look like he cares about any defending at all.