Comments

• Hopefully it means no Maguire 🤞🤞🤞.
  • Happy days, good luck Mavro!!

Don't know much about him but he's been a constant at Stuttgart who are a decent German outlet......though from what I've seen from the bundesliga, defending isn't a strong point across the league

Good profile though, big lad, 25 so his future is ahead of him plus he chips in with the odd goal which is good for the way we attack set pieces
  • edited August 2023
    MrsGrey said:

Blimey.

That’s one for you Mrs G ….. Nice one ….🇬🇷
  • Good. Another signing.

Welcome Mavro
  • Probably best not to shorten his name to Mavro. It never would be in Greek.

It's Greek for black....

Like shortening an English player with surname Blackwell (or similar) to Blackie.

Go with Kostas or Dinos :+1:
  • He looks like a third choice at present, as Dawson was, but we need hope he is as reliable as Dawson as we know he will get called on with Zouma's injury record.

I would be a little concerned that he got let go by Arsenal but on the more positive side his best years are ahead of him so hopefully we will find that he has improved since leaving them.

I will go for Kostas.

I loved that Andrew Ridgely always called George Michael Yog throughout their friendship, it was the name he called him at school because he couldn't pronounce his Greek name.

• Greek way of saying George (which of course is also a Greek name) = probably sounds like Your Go :-)
  • Fantastic signing. I'm most excited to see him play than all of our other signings this window.
  • MrsGrey said:

Probably best not to shorten his name to Mavro. It never would be in Greek.

It's Greek for black....

Like shortening an English player with surname Blackwell (or similar) to Blackie.

Oops. Thank you for this MrsGrey!

Welcome Kostas
  • I'm sticking to Greek Bloke.
  • Its all Greek to me ,,......Oh come on we were all thinking it =)
  • edited August 2023

MrsGrey said:

It's Greek for black....

Welcome Kostas
    Hopefully some attackers will give him plenty of space, if they're kostaphobic.

Coat please.
  • MrsGrey said:

It's Greek for black....

Welcome Kostas
    Hopefully some attackers will give him plenty of space, if they're kostaphobic.

Coat please.
    Booooo!
  • steve said:

Its all Greek to me ,,......Oh come on we were all thinking it =)

I was browsing down and actually wondering if Harry Enfields Stavros catchphrase would be present...
  • Interesting signing. Sort of came out of nowhere. I remember him being widely considered poor when playing for Arsenal but there seems to be a lot of positive comments about him on social media now, suggesting he is a much improved CB. At £17m, he was obviously a better ‘value for money’ signing. I haven’t watched him to know how good he is.
  • Not the sort of video you expect to see about a centre back

• edited August 2023
    I can see Moyes converting him to be a striker. =)
  • Lukerz said:

Interesting signing. Sort of came out of nowhere. I remember him being widely considered poor when playing for Arsenal but there seems to be a lot of positive comments about him on social media now, suggesting he is a much improved CB. At £17m, he was obviously a better ‘value for money’ signing. I haven’t watched him to know how good he is.

He was only 21 when he played the last of his 7 games for Arsenal in the PL (plus one further game in a dead Europa League game), which is pretty young for a CB, so you'd expect there to have been a lot of improvement between then and now.

• edited August 2023
    The great thing about this signing is Harry Maguire will now realise he's missed the best chance of his remaining career.
  • I was on the fence regarding Maguire. Bit now I am glad we haven't bought him. He clearly wants huge wages and/or a big payoff from Utd.
    Greedy man
  • Maybe Maguire feels Man Utd have pushed him out unfairly and they at least owe him the wages he was promised

Wonder if Bayern Munich need someone to translate for Harry Kane?
  • Anybody else find these 'first day, behind the scenes' videos on the OS a bit cringy?
  • I think they showed too much on that, how heavily it's managed, that shot of him holding the shirt badge took about ten takes, no genuine passion about it.

• Oh oh oh Dinos!
  • Great song, with the most undecipherable lyrics ever come across. Try singing along without looking up the lyrics - impossible.