James Ward-Prowse Signs

Four year deal.

Everyone get Harry Maguire in your FPL teams as JWP free kicks are gonna be like magnets to his big old head.

https://www.whufc.com/news/west-ham-united-sign-james-ward-prowse

Comments

• I'm not sure we have enough possession up top for there to be time to receive free kicks.
  • Great signing. JWP = Jorderz Well Pleased.
  • edited August 2023
    Not 100% sure on this. But I’ll concede to the Saints fans who seem to think we are getting a superb player. Certainly no doubting his delivery & has PL experience.

Will need to watch him more often to see his all round game & quality.

So that ‘seems’ to be Rice replaced with two new players.

Welcome.
  • Great signing. JWP = Jorderz Well Pleased.

Name change?
  • edited August 2023
    https://e0.365dm.com/23/08/768x432/skysports-james-ward-prowse_6250371.jpg?20230814100652
    Seems some impressive stats considering the team he was in….
  • The distance covered is incredibly impressive, given that isn't an obvious quality when you think of JWP.
  • They are certainly impressive stats.
  • Any doubts there is a power struggle put to bed by this signing.
  • Perhaps they are playing one for you, one for me ??!!
  • jay, Who do you reckon is a Tim pick then? As Alvarez was already in our sights before Steidten arrived & JWP and Slabhead are ones Moyes really wanted?
  • Perhaps he’s got the next pick 🤣
  • Also, does he give us a 4-4-2 option? He’s played on the right of midfield before.

Ward-Prowse - Álvarez - Paqueta - Benrahma
    Bowen - Ings/Antonio
  • I'm sorry but i just find Chris Sculls on the Iron Cast podcast cringeworthy.
    All he kept asking JWP was about his free kicks.He brings more to his game than just that.
    James collins(Ginge) is good on it though
  • Lukerz said:

Also, does he give us a 4-4-2 option? He’s played on the right of midfield before.

Ward-Prowse - Álvarez - Paqueta - Benrahma
    Bowen - Ings/Antonio

That 4-4-2 can pivot very quickly to a 4-3-3 with Benrahma getting up to join the front two and JWP coming inside.
  • MrsGrey said:

Great signing. JWP = Jorderz Well Pleased.

Name change?
    But what about when I'm posting and I'm not pleased?
  • I like this signing, a lot
    A reliable pro, in his prime years, can fit multiple positions and roles in midfielder and won't go missing

Not a exciting signing that gets the pulses going but a good calibre to bring in given our squad deficiencies

As long as he is going to be viewed as our Paqueta replacements if (when?) he leaves, but the rumours to Kudus are encouraging me that he's not there for that
  • edited August 2023

MrsGrey said:

Great signing. JWP = Jorderz Well Pleased.

Name change?
    But what about when I'm posting and I'm not pleased?
    You can always change it depending on mood?

Pleased: Jorderz Well Pleased
    Not Pleased: Jorderz Wasn't Pleased
    Sad: Jorderz WeePy
    etc
  • He wasnt a signing I would've ideally wanted. However, thats not knocking him as a player as he has obvious positives and I think, now he's here, its a solid/good addition
  • Also counts towards HG quota. (Even more important if Antonio and/or Cresswell leave.)
  • Trust the Moyesiah, he can see the light!!!!
  • Solid professional.
    Jiggle, Wiggle, Pass
  • Just what we need. Good character/leader, runs his socks off, ambitious enough to want cups, and can kick a football. Our new Noble, Soucek, Rice and Cresswell all in one. Well, bits of them anyway. 👍
  • Having watched some of his goals, he’s clearly very talented & more than just a set-piece/penalty taker.
  • Blimey, it sounds as though JWP has just arrived as a total unknown from Mars.
  • No I just don’t watch many Saints games & don’t claim to. 👍
  • He’s been a top player for 5 years, often mentioned around the England squad, and renowned for his dead ball skills.
  • Comes across well in his intro interview on the Club site: https://www.whufc.com/news/james-ward-prowse-first-interview
  • well slap me 3 times, and butter me toenails and cover mi claret and blue petals, tis good to have acquire this finest of players, may he have a long and prosperous career at the Land of the Irons...
  • Ironduke said:

well slap me 3 times, and butter me toenails and cover mi claret and blue petals, tis good to have acquire this finest of players, may he have a long and prosperous career at the Land of the Irons...

Are you Blackadder in disguise?
  • Needs must, when the devil vomits into your kettle.