U21 Euros

Anybody bothering with this?

I hadn't even been aware of it until I noticed a reference to Ben Johnson (who got a couple of minutes at the end as a sub).

I don't even watch the senior team, so I can't summon up much enthusiasm. But I'd be interested to hear if anyone who is watching the games has something to say about it.

Comments

• Rav would have but Love Island sucked him in again hahaha
  • Absolutely ❤️ 🏝️

All the games are on uefa.tv which I assume you need to create an account for.
  • Right I’m in Meredith
    App downloaded and it’s free to create an acc 👍🏻
  • Just this minute downloaded uefa TV to watch the conference league final film.
  • Ah didn’t notice that 👍🏻
    2 minute highlights of the u21 games 👌🏻
  • Hamstew said:

Just this minute downloaded uefa TV to watch the conference league final film.

How we doing?
  • IronHerb said:

Hamstew said:

How we doing?
    Just threw something at some player
  • Hamstew said:

IronHerb said:

Hamstew said:

How we doing?
    We'll probably get a £50k fine and a two match stadium ban (one suspended) for that 🙄
  • Which Mrs G collects 😜
  • Hamstew said:

IronHerb said:

Hamstew said:

How we doing?
    We'll probably get a £50k fine and a two match stadium ban (one suspended) for that 🙄
    I’ll bear that in mind for the money thread.
  • Benny J played the full 90 in the 2-0 win over Israel 🇮🇱
    Assisted the assist for the first goal.
    And involved in the build up play for the second.
  • Ah, the old pre-assist and pre-, pre-, pre-assist.
  • I think the second was pre assist times 5 😂
  • Pre-assist is defined as a "Goal Creating Action" these days. It's the action taken before the pass that creates the goal. Could be that you pre-assist yourself by skinning a full back and then crossing the ball.
  • I wonder how many pre-assists 'keepers in the 80s got?

Massive punt up the pitch, flicked on by your lamppost of a centre forward for your nippy winger to bang it into the net.

Phil Parkes. Playmaker.
  • No Love Island Rav or did you tape it? Hahaha
  • I actually didn’t watch love island yesterday, so yes tapped and ready for today 👌🏻
    And the England highlights on the UEFA app are only two minutes 😂
  • Thought I'd take the opportunity to watch a little football and tuned into the last 30 minutes of the England Quarter Final. Watched England pretty much defend for 30 minutes, it was ... painfully familiar! Still, they hung on for the win.
  • Could Ben Johnson win his second 🏆 of the season?
  • It's what he does.
  • Then we sell him. 🤷‍♂️
  • IronHerb said:

Then we sell him. 🤷‍♂️

It's what we do.

• Buffy posted (on a different thread)

England u21s play their semi-final v Israel shortly. Ben Johnson won't feature as he's suspended.
  • I was surprised, because the BBC was showing a team pic at the top of their coverage that included Johnson.

But now I see they've corrected it and posted a current team pic...
  • Sorry for wrong thread Mrs G.

England have missed a first half penalty 😭😭😭, 0-0 heading towards half time.
  • A goal late in the first half gives England a 1-0 lead at the break.
  • Invincibles?
  • They do seem to be massive =)
  • 2-0 now 🤞🤞🤞