GRAND NATIONAL (Involves horses)

I was just for those who follow the sport or just watch the big races, who picks their riders whose colours are claret and blue?

Comments

• edited April 2023
    When I was a kid and put £3 down on the Grand National every year I used to always chose whichever jockey wore claret and blue as the first of my three bets.

My second choice was done on form and the third was done on a name I quite liked. I usually had equally bad luck across all three horses.
  • None of us in my house are into horseracing but we allways put a few quid on the grand national.
  • Excellent thread title!
  • If you’re picking on West Ham affiliation then it has to be Noble Yeats doesn’t it 🐎
  • 6. ESCARIA TEN

Trainer: Gordon Elliott (IRE) Jockey: Adrian Heskin

Form: 29-27P Age: 9 Weight: 10-10
    Escaria Ten

Looked in contention three fences from home last year before dropping away and finishing ninth. Had tired in the Irish Grand National the previous year, so ability to see out this trip is far from certain. Pulled up at the Cheltenham Festival last month and trainer looks to have more obvious candidates. Runs for owner Max McNeill, who is a fervent Blackburn Rovers fan.

This one seems to be claret and blue, with some white
  • 25. Ain't that a shame.

Great Jockey and races near the lead so will hopefully stay out of trouble.
  • my selections for the race, just for fun , no money laid out,
    THE BIG DOG, I own a big dog
    born by the sea... I was, if thames estuary counts
    longhouse poet...I like and write poems

and free horse courtesy of itv7 - carefully selected

good luck to those betting coin
  • edited April 2023

Hard not too pick Noble Years when he's jockeyed and trained by Bowen and Mullins.
  • Hamstew said:

Hard not too pick Noble Years when he's jockeyed and trained by Bowen and Mullins.

*Yeats