Men's International Matches March-April 2023 ( senior and U21)

Comments

• Our play acting and time wasting has been disgraceful.
  • Ironic that we get three yellows for time wasting against one of the most cynical teams in history. That’s a good win. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • Buffey did you used do Telext commentaries a few years back. You know, for those that can’t see the game for themselves?😉
  • Proper game of two halves really,I thought we defended well if a bit desperately at times, but overall a good performance and worth the win.
  • All pretty much a waste of time about nothing really. Italy and England will both qualify without having to do much because of the way qualifying works
  • Personally I quite international games. I enjoyed that the boys did well.
  • Didn't get a chance to see the match last night so watching it now and the first thing that struck me was that the stadium makes the LS look almost claustrophobic.
  • Coufal and Soucek in Czech team tonight
  • Already 2 up Coufal long throw leads to there first goal .
  • Slacker said:

Buffey did you used do Telext commentaries a few years back. You know, for those that can’t see the game for themselves?😉

Maybe some people aren't watching the game, but want an idea of what's going on.
  • Coufal subbed after 71 minutes, no mention of injury. Soucek is Czech Rep captain, lined up next to Kral (currently on loan at Schalke, 22 apps, started 19)

Matty Cash went off injured after 10 minutes, has withdrawn from the Polish squad for tomorrow's game against Albania, calf strain but only expected to be out for a week or two

Morocco beat Brazil 2-1, Aguerd played the full 90 minutes, Paqueta subbed 5 minutes from the end and provided the assist for Casemiro's goal
  • Yarmolenko probably won't play, he's recovering from a hamstring injury he picked up 4 weeks ago in the UAE Super Cup (equivalent of the Charity Shield) but he has travelled to London with the Ukrainian team
  • Any idea where Ukraine will play their home games? Poland maybe?
  • Still got TBC for upcoming fixtures
  • Solid performance really. We were never in danger against a poor Ukraine side.
    One thing that really stood out though was after about twenty minutes Declan misplaced a pass.😳
  • Completely passed me by, except now that I look out of the window, I can see the Wembley Arch lit up.
  • Coufal and Soucek both playing for Czech Republic this evening, hopefully they both come through unscathed, especially Coufal who obviously went into these international matches of the back of several missed club games.
  • edited March 2023
    Soucek hasn't found his lost scoring boots on international duty, hitting the bar from 5 yards out although he might have been offside.
  • edited March 2023

Coufal and Soucek both playing for Czech Republic this evening, hopefully they both come through unscathed, especially Coufal who obviously went into these international matches of the back of several missed club games.

Both played the full 90 minutes.

• At least Coufal will come back match fit.
  • Scamacca came on 66th minute against Malta on Sunday, two shots, one on target and two fouls given away

Kehrer got 4 minutes in a friendly against Peru on Saturday

Areola was on the bench for both France games
  • Scamacca came on 66th minute against Malta on Sunday, two shots, one on target and two fouls given away

Kehrer got 4 minutes in a friendly against Peru on Saturday

Areola was on the bench for both France games

Emerson played the whole game for Italy on Sunday as well.
  • Kehrer got 90 minutes playing centre back against Belgium last night due to the absence of Nico Schlotterbeck who went off with a thigh injury on Saturday

Germany lost 3-2 and according to various sources Kehrer wasn't the worst player but he didn't have a good game

Kai Havertz also missed the game with an illness
  • There were times, especially during the first half, when the Belgians could just walz through the German box it was surreal. They could (and should) have scored at least 4 or 5 in that first half.
  • edited March 2023
    Side note from Morocco v Brazil, Emerson Royal will be out for six weeks after suffering a knee injury in time added on.

Spurs are not having a good month...
  • I still can't believe Royal plays for Brazil.
  • Based on this season I suspect a good number of rival fans are saying the same about Paqueta.
  • Yeah I guess I reality they aren't actually that great.
  • edited March 2023
    Moyes says Emerson has been ill and Aguerd and Pacqueta picked up injuries on international duty. If they’re ruled out it’s annoying as they played in meaningless friendlies.