Other matches week of FEB 11th

Brentford more than holding their own away to Arsenal, high energy and they have created a couple of golden opportunities

Comments

• Leicester 2-1 up against Spuds after conceding first =)
  • Need results to go our way ..oh look spurs being well Spurs =)
  • Ireland v France, 32 -19 insane match
  • edited February 2023
    Good game to watch, if anything Arsenal guilty of being over elaborate and Brentford have had the better actual chances, feel that a moment of quality or calmness in front of goal will win this one, and either team could do it
  • edited February 2023
    Leicester 4-1 Spuds =) =)
    VAR offside
    As you were 3-1
  • Wolves down to 10 men after 27 minutes so Bednarek helps them out with an og
    1-1
  • Goals at the emirates in keeping with game, Arsenals was quality and Brentfords the result of perseverance - albeit with a hint of offside
  • Now it really is 4-1 Leicester =) =)
  • No-one likes to see that 😀
  • edited February 2023

Wolves down to 10 men after 27 minutes so Bednarek helps them out with an og
    1-1

Now 1-2
  • Wolves down to 10 men after 27 minutes so Bednarek helps them out with an og
    1-1

Now 1-2
    Two Southampton players get in each others way and Wolves go ahead. Very West Hamesque.
  • Results like today's really put ours into perspective.

In isolation, points against Newcastle and Chelsea are good, but with Everton, Leicester, and Wolves picking up wins over the last couple of weekends, it's not really enough.

Southampton look baked. Today's result must really hurt. 1-0 up against 10 men and they still find a way to lose.

As it stands it's looking like Southampton and Bournemouth plus one. I still think we could be that plus one because although things appear to have improved for us, others are actually doing more.
  • OCS, As you say draws v the top teams are ok to keep the unbeaten run going but ,with Tottenham still to come, a loss and a win gives you more points. David Moyes will have to set the team up to really go for it in our "winnable" games if there are such matches these days to ensure we stay clear of the drop zone. Question - Are Newcastle & Chelsea more likely to win their matches versus our relegation rivals when they play them?
  • Well, Newcastle are currently losing to Bournemouth.
  • buffy, That will teach me yet again to ask really silly questions. =)
  • buffy, That will teach me yet again to ask really silly questions. =)

Indeed, you really should know better by now 😂🤣😂
  • Almironnnnnnnnnnn
  • Goodness me, what just happened there, Newcastle player completely switched off and lost possession, Bournemouth player crosses, first player dummies it, second backheels it past the keeper, and then Trippier stops it with only half the ball over the line. Phew.
  • How on earth did VAR miss this offside? Apart from when a player is offside but there's a question of whether he's active or not, offside decisions are pretty straightforward, so I'd love to hear the explanation for this one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64614015

Certainly takes the heat off our VAR penalty decision.
  • No, I'd missed that one, so a bad day all round for VAR.
  • Gonna be a horrible couple of days for me, supporting Man Utd today and then Liverpool tomorrow evening 🤮🤮🤮.
  • This is when FPL can provide some light relief depending on who you own
  • Rashford scores with 10 mins to go.
  • 0-2 now 😊🤮
  • Liverpool win tomorrow & it’s been a pretty good weekend.
  • Lukerz said:

Liverpool win tomorrow & it’s been a pretty good weekend.

Obviously coulda done without Bournemouth picking up a point, and I'd have preferred a draw between Soton and Wolves tbh, but yeah, it coulda been worse given that Bournemouth were winning, and that Man Utd were poor at times today.
  • Wolves won’t go down anyway. Bournemouth I thought was a good draw as I thought Newcastle were awful.
  • Was that ANOTHER dive by squealish to buy the pen 🤬