Other matches 12th & 13th Nov

Last set of games before the World Cup

Comments

• The 🤖 starts
  • Brentford showing how we should be playing .even if they loose big its good to watch
  • edited November 2022
    KDB has looked well off his game today, a lot of stray passes.

Cue a goal or assist 😂🤣😂
  • From your keyboard to the FF gods ears 🙏
  • edited November 2022
    Brentford have got away with an awful lot of "robust" defending, especially at set pieces.
  • They’re winning so it worked.
  • Brentford break and score in the 8th (of 10) minute of added time.
  • Brentford break and score in the 8th (of 10) minute of added time.

City losing 2-1 at home, Toney sticks 2 fingers up to Southgate with both goals.
  • From BBC match report:
    "It was fully merited for Brentford's positive approach as they refused to take a backward step from the first whistle, even after Manchester City's Phil Foden restored equality with a crisp left-foot half-volley seconds before the interval."
    DM, take note of the "refusal to take a backward step"

• Again another game where the result changes the perception. Brentford we’re clinical and countered well when given the opportunity, but there was no positive approach, they sat deep and defended in numbers like every other side does. 25% possession tells you that.
  • From BBC match report:
    "It was fully merited for Brentford's positive approach as they refused to take a backward step from the first whistle, even after Manchester City's Phil Foden restored equality with a crisp left-foot half-volley seconds before the interval."
    DM, take note of the "refusal to take a backward step"

That's not really an accurate appraisal imo, after the first 15 minutes it was all City.
  • City had all the ball, but Brentford broke at every opportunity and really they could have had 4. I think it was a really good, balanced, counter attacking performance.
  • edited November 2022
    Wrong thread
  • edited November 2022
    Wrong thread
  • Toney is def someone I had wanted us to buy (I wouldnt bet on it happening though). He's IMO a really tough striker to keep quiet with a few strings to his bow.

The main thing of course for me is that City lost and that always makes me smile :)
  • Ah good evening Mr Baz.. we’ve been expecting you..
  • Woke at 430am to watch City lose but in truth I had my eyes closed most of the time and listened to it instead. Either way, it gives me a little hope they wont win the league (but we know they will anyway)
  • Theo Walcott comes on for Soton and I'm like didn't he retire 10 years ago or something?
  • I am a little surprised they have not rolled out Defoe :-)
  • He'd still do a job for us :)
  • Watching Newcastle v Chavs and want both sides to lose, and solely because of the respective owners.
  • I’d rather Newcastle’s owners lost than Chelsea’s. But I’d rather Newcastle’s fans, staff and players won than Chelsea’s. Tricky one.
  • 🦁 for me
  • Day off today, Burnley v Blackburn on Sky 12:30

1st v 2nd, bitter rivals, should be far more entertaining than Villa v Brighton or Fulham v Man U
  • The championship is incredibly tight this year, only 10 points separate 4th from 22nd,
  • Ten Hag as gone all BFS and playing Tyrell Malacia right back 😐