SOUTHAMPTON (A) SUN OCT 16TH

Comments

• We’ve been awful so far to be fair
  • The referee was blocking Bowen?

That's allowed now?
  • MIAHammer said:

Another big VAR failure. Clearly a foul throw!

Consensus seems to be that we got away with a couple last weekend.

Fully expected to be on the wrong end of decisions today.
  • still plenty of goals in this one. both defences look sketchy.
  • MIAHammer said:

Another big VAR failure. Clearly a foul throw!

Don't think var is responsible for that.

• I've got a useless stream, we're losing 😭
  • The clearance & Bowen dallying cost us the goal
  • There's another foul throw, it looked like.
  • being a bit wasteful......
  • We were poor for 25 mins but how have we not scored
  • We need to make one of these chances count.
  • 10 attempts, 0 on target

Sums it up
  • A goal before half time changes this game. We get it, I fancy us to go on and win it.
  • We’ve had plenty of shots but none on target.
  • The defences on both sides are proper ropey could be a 5-5 game currently if people had their shooting boots on
  • Once again our crossing has been quite poor. Our best cross came from our center forward.
  • Getting back into it, hopefully a better second half
  • My stream is lagging so much that we’ve just had the coin toss. I reckon we’ll be two up by half time.
  • edited October 2022
    At times we have looked quite good IMO, considering our lack of regular CB's as well. Paqueta a bit hit and miss again and Scamaca lively but needs to be a bit more ruthless, not one of our attempts on target is tad concerning.
    There probably will be more goals to come, just need to make sure we get the next one otherwise game over...COYI
  • We need Benny to come on ,Just think it could be his type of game

• Bowen was definitely obstructed by the ref for their goal, and the ref got dangerous close to another of their players as he shot; not really noticed this before and, as they often say, a good ref is one that isn't really noticed. Certainly can't say that about this ref.
  • Penge, can you please repost your link in the dedicated streams thread? Cheers :+1:
  • steve said:

We need Benny to come on ,Just think it could be his type of game

That’s what should happen but I won’t hold my breath. Moyes will wait until we’re 0-2 down before bringing him on.
  • edited October 2022
    We have not played well but I think we are unfortunate to go in one down, their goal was certainly fortunate, a foul throw starts it off, Soucek messes up his clearance, there was actually some inadvertent interference from the ref and to top it all, a wicked deflection took it,past Fabs reach.

Have not seen enough from Bowen and Soucek has not imposed himself but overall, imo, we generally look uncomfortable and too hurried with the ball.

Paq needs a goal, I think it will settle him down.

All is not lost, we have had enough chances to make me trust that we will get something out of this game

• I’m done with Coufal, he’s so bad going forward
  • Bennie should be on for Emerson
  • Not sure if Soton have a lot of speedy players, but Coufal and Johnson have both looked a lot slower than usual.

• Can't see it happening today. 14 chances and nothing doing.

Got to try Antonio with Scamacca at some point, surely?
  • Said over the years, why we so poor at taking corners