Welcome Emerson

Our seventh senior signing of the season, we finally have a new LB:

https://www.whufc.com/news/west-ham-united-sign-italy-international-defender-emerson-palmieri

Some may feel he's a bit underwhelming, but I think he ticks a lot of Moyes's boxes for a FB. Very happy to have an alternative to Cresswell.

Comments

• Very pleased with this. Plenty of top level experience and entering his prime. I think he might turn out to be one of our best signings of the window.
  • Clearly better than Masuaku, which is all that really matters.
  • Can he play against Viborg ? or do you have to register players before the first leg for both legs ?
  • Can he play against Viborg ? or do you have to register players before the first leg for both legs ?

I think it’s before the first leg, but I don’t know for certain
  • alderz said:

Can he play against Viborg ? or do you have to register players before the first leg for both legs ?

I think it’s before the first leg, but I don’t know for certain
    That is correct.
  • I'm cool with the signing. Low expectations and happy to be pleasantly surprised
  • Moyes says Emerson was one of those ‘at the top of my list’. I’ve seen a lot of talk that not many of our signings have been players Moyes really wanted (2nd or 3rd choice) but we can assume Moyes wanted Emerson if we take him at face value.
  • Wouldn't it be great if his middle name was Lake
    😛
  • I like this from Wiki

Emerson usually plays as a left-back, and is known for his stamina, athleticism, physical qualities, and technique, which make him an effective offensive asset. He is also known for his ability to get past opponents and provide crosses into the penalty box. A versatile player, he is also capable of playing as a wing-back or wide midfielder on the left flank, and has even been used in a more advanced role as an offensive winger on occasion. Emerson's Chelsea profile notes that he is "skilful, possesses a good range of passing and reads the game well"

• His agent probably wrote that on Wiki.