Welcome Kehrer

It's official:

https://www.whufc.com/news/west-ham-united-sign-germany-international-thilo-kehrer

He'll wear no.24, 4 year deal with 2 year option.

Our 6th senior signing of the summer, I think he'll be a very good addition, versatile, and for a bit of a bargain price, still only 25.

Comments

• I like the enthusiasm

• edited August 2022
    What I found interesting is he has the most minutes of any German player since their new manager got the job (May 2021). Might be to do with the fact he can play CB, RB, LB & DM, but still.
  • On paper he seems like a good buy.
  • £10m certainly seems like a snip, in the modern game
  • Ooh, shiny new toy. Welcome Thilo 🤝
  • Lukerz said:

What I found interesting is he has the most minutes of any German player since their new manager got the job (May 2021). Might be to do with the fact he can play CB, RB, LB & DM, but still.

Since Flick took over, he’s started 11 of 13 possible games, playing the full match 9 times, and coming off twice. He’s played CB 3 times, LB 4 times, and RB 4 times.

I didn’t realise how often he has played as fullback, so I wonder if he’s seen as the LB option. I don’t see us signing a regular German international and two £30m+ CBs and not playing them all. So it’s either a back 3, or Kehrer is seen as a fullback when everyone’s fit.
  • Hats off. A steal.
  • Must admit I rest a little easier with his ability to play DM (51 matches there compared to 164 at CB and 55 at RB, according to Transfermarket), should we actually get some CBs fit. We still only have Downes to cover Rice and Soucek, and atm he is just cover, not a rotation option. If Zouma and Aguerd are both fit and available, and we don't bring in another DM (most of the current links seem to be for more of an AM), it could be that Kehrer will be trusted enough to give Rice or Soucek a rest occasionally.
  • This seems to be a good signing ,Welcome and good luck ........And please stay fit
  • steve said:

........And please stay fit

This. =)
  • edited August 2022
    alderz said:

Lukerz said:

Since Flick took over, he’s started 11 of 13 possible games, playing the full match 9 times, and coming off twice. He’s played CB 3 times, LB 4 times, and RB 4 times.

I didn’t realise how often he has played as fullback, so I wonder if he’s seen as the LB option. I don’t see us signing a regular German international and two £30m+ CBs and not playing them all. So it’s either a back 3, or Kehrer is seen as a fullback when everyone’s fit.
    ?? There is a manager in Germany called Herr Flick?? Does he know the whereabouts of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies?
  • I'm just going to say 'allo allo' to Thilo and move along

#Ahhhhhh Renee!!!
    #The Fallen Madonna by Van 'Klopp'
  • I shall say this only once.
  • edited August 2022
    But can he take penalties
  • Kehrer, like Cornet in his introduction interview, has stated his preferred position (CB). Hopefully Moyes will play him there predominantly and not use him as a back up fullback.

Be interesting to see who he opts for when Aguerd is back. We all assumed Zouma and Aguerd, but maybe Kehrer will get the nod on the right side of central defence in a four.

• Winston Reid vibes?