Should it happen and the board cash in Rice

is then any club in EPL you could tolerate buying him. And would you put a waiver not to be played against us? Perhaps going to Europe would save all that angst.

Comments

• Not sure a waiver can be used (except in loans where it's mandatory I think), and we'd never get the same money for him from a European team imo.

Would prefer him going to City over any of the others, as I like them most out of the clubs he'd consider going to.
  • City for me. I couldn't cope with him going to Man Utd. Anyone but Man Utd I beg.
  • Hamstew said:

City for me. I couldn't cope with him going to Man Utd. Anyone but Man Utd I beg.

Palace?
  • Yea City would be my preferred choice, best for Rice in terms of money and chance of trophies

But don't think City will be interested, think they'll be disappointed with how Grealish has turned out and will be cautious of overpaying for English talent

Thinking we'd accept around £70mil they'd be interested

If United can sort themselves out, get into the champions league and have an actual plan then Rice would go, but he shouldn't go near them atm

Chelsea who knows, makes a lot of sense for all parties as kante has his age and injuries going against him, but when could they buy him?

He doesn't fit into Liverpools business model, he'd be far too expensive for them

Feel there would be suitors from Europe but the fee will be far less and I think Rice would want to stay in England
  • Obviously Liverpool for me even though I dont think he'll go there.

If he goes to City he'll not be playing half the time and Pep will drill him into his style of play which I actually dont think would be a good thing either.

I dont want him to go to Man Utd but I also think if he went there he'd be the main man in midfield and thrive unfortunately
  • I just hope he stays... But i think he would fit Man Utd better than anywhere unfortunately
  • Man U are an absolute car crash. He'd ruin himself if he went there.
  • He’s not going anywhere for at least a year. Hard to predict what Chelsea and Man Utd will be like in a year tbh.

• What's going on here?, answers on a postcard please.
  • "Next year's Strictly pairings"?
  • Don't Tuchel what you can't afford!
  • 'arry's got the brown envelope mate
  • I think looking at what Newcastle have done would they not try? I mean its not exactly an upward step but financially he has a blank check!

• What's going on here?, answers on a postcard please.

You forgot the breath mint Thomas.
  • I think looking at what Newcastle have done would they not try? I mean its not exactly an upward step but financially he has a blank check!

If the rumours are true and he’s turned down £200k a week with us because he wants to win things, then Newcastle should definitely be out of the running.

Anyway, they have Sean Longstaff so they don’t need Dec- anyone else remember when Martin Keown said he was a better player than rice?
  • I don't think Keown was any where near as good as Rice =)
  • edited April 2022
    I see him only wanting Chelsea and as long as they would be happy to pay the fee asked he would not consider any other club. Should they not be willing to however he may stay with us and run the contract down until he becomes affordable or a free agent. That's my view of how it plays out. It's hard to predict but I think 100-120m this summer, 70-80m next summer and maybe as little as 30-40m the summer after. Unless he signs a new contract I see him going this summer or next.

I would prefer he went to City, then Chelsea, then Liverpool, then anyone other than United. Hold on, that obviously doesn't include Spurs, but he never would and Levy would never afford him.
  • From what he has said, he used City's Toure as an example to follow. Don't see why City wouldn't want another Toure. The other Manchester team will be full of Dutch midfielders soon, so they may not want him. I hope.
  • The Athletic is reporting that we won’t sell this summer, but concede we will need to next year, and we intend to sell for “at least £150m in 2023 with two years left on his contract”.

Personally, I don’t think you get £150m if you wait til next summer, and maybe not even this summer.
  • I see him going to Chelsea for around £100m next summer.
  • He could be a world cup winner by then 😉
  • I'm desperate for him to go to Bayern, Barca or Real Madrid. That would allow me to keep loving him and following his career.

If he goes to any English team I will lose interest in him completely.
  • Soucek could help us out and signing Daniel Samek from his old club. Very similar to Rice!
  • That is all good if Soucek stays?