Southampton v West Ham United. FA Cup 5th Round, Wednesday 2nd March, 7:30pm. BBC iPlayer.

So, back by popular demand.

The undefeated run continues to five games with a solid win against Wolves but now we meet Southampton who are on a six game undefeated run, something will have to give.

Injuries permitting I don't see any changes to the starting XI, and why should there be? This will be a tough game for both sides but of course we will win 2-1.

COYI

Comments

• Win on penalties
  • We need to win because I think we need to build up some confidence.
  • We need to win ,Because i am running out of time for us to win something
  • They seem to be flying at the moment.
  • Overall Saints haven't lost for 6 games in a row
    Their last defeat was 15 January...to Wolves

At home Saints haven't lost for 11 games in a row
    Their last defeat was 29 September...to Wolves

Hmmmmmmmm
  • And we just beat wolves, therefore…..
  • edited February 28
    Short of swapping Areola in, I’d want the same team as Sunday. Maybe a start for Vlasic over Antonio. Possibly Diop in too.
  • Yes I would quite like to give Vlasic a start in the Antonio role and maybe bring Antonio on with half an hour to go to cause mayhem with a softened up defence.
  • Moyes press conference, no new injury news, Yarmo will be assessed today to see if he's mentally okay to play

No injury news from Hasenhutl either but he mentioned Saints' own fixture pile up with four games in the next 14 days and the need to rotate players
  • According to the OS several players absent tonight. I hope it’s just the ones we already knew about.
  • Areola and Diop in for Fab and Cresswell.
  • Saints fans seem pretty miffed at their lineup
  • Cresswell looked injured at the end of the Wolves game
  • Lets win this early dont want exter time
  • Hopefully Cresswell not too seriously injured as he seemed to have a groin injury at the the weekend. That would leave us with Johnson as the only fit full-back.
  • One full back in the matchday 20. Yikes. Have to assume that Ashby and Longelo are also injured.
  • Saints start Armstrong and Long up front instead of Broja and Adams

We are facing the b team
  • Can’t see Valery playing CB, he’s tiny.
  • Strange line up from Saints, It's not like they have an awful lot left to play for other than a very outside chance of Europe from top seven. I thought this would be their focus now.
  • Open start here

We're playing some good stuff going forward, but seems to be a lot of space when their forwards drop, big gaps in our midfield
  • Bowen should've scored

Great cross by Antonio

Bowen caught under it, heading over from 6 yards out
  • Diop doing very well as a LB
  • Anyone else sniggling like a child when they mention small bone?....... Anyone?.... oh, only me then
  • need to take those
  • Soucek's touch today is so off point everything he hits is such a hospital ball. Its like he is injured.
  • edited March 2
    keeper should have saved that
  • edited March 2
    Poor again from Areola. Think he needs to be sent back.

Really don’t rate the bloke.