This week's other games (League and Europe)

edited October 2021 in Other Teams & Matches
This discussion was created from comments split from: Couldn't think....part 4.

Comments

• Watching Liverpool it’s frightening what they’re doing to Watford. Pretty much the complete team performance with Salah scoring one of the best individual goals you’re ever likely to see.
  • edited October 2021
    Ranieri off to a flyer....
    But that's not who he/they will need to beat I guess...
  • Last 10 mins of this west London derby is insane.
  • Wouldn’t like to have seen how Jurgen Klopp might have reacted if they had lost today especially as they won 5-0. 🤔
  • Newcastle fans 'deserve' to be ... Blah blah blah.

Ridiculous, imo.
  • O.o

Spurs in their lucky 'wild berry' 3rd kit.

:p
  • Could you imagine if it were the mancs being bought
  • Can you imagine Spurs losing already after 2 minutes ;)
  • and as soon as I type that they equalize :p
  • But isn't it fun to think that the saudis have just bought into relegation =) =) =)
  • That lad Kane now in fine form ready for next game ;)
  • Bazshuayi said:

That lad Kane now in fine form ready for next game ;)

No way, Dec's off out having his pocket enlarged as we speak =)
  • I bet Mbappe can't wait to join this Newcastle side.
  • Bazshuayi said:

That lad Kane now in fine form ready for next game ;)

No way, Dec's off out having his pocket enlarged as we speak =)
    If Dec dedicated himself to that task Kane wouldn't get a kick. Rice is faultless as a player at present, all strengths and no weaknesses I can see. 100m will be a bargain to whoever gets him.

• It's hard not be classed as biased but surely even a neutral can see how Rice is growing. He gets better every game. In a couple of years the world is his oyster and he can choose any club should he wish ( I hope not ) to move.
  • There was an incident in the game which brought a wry smile (and an admiring gush). The ball was heading to touch and Dec slowed his run down to get it (I firmly believe with the intention of making the Everton player behind him think he didnt know there was a 'man on'). As soon as the toffee went in for the kill, Dec swerved in a different direction and made a complete mug of him :)
  • Danny Murphy actually making sense on MotD 2

Rather than splashing the cash in January Newcastle will have to get loans as top players aren't going to risk moving permanently to a club that might end up in the Championship
  • Danny Murphy actually making sense on MotD 2

Rather than splashing the cash in January Newcastle will have to get loans as top players aren't going to risk moving permanently to a club that might end up in the Championship

It's definitely a different type of challenge for Newcastle than for some of the other rich clubs of the past. When you've already got players earning £100kpw+ at mid table Premier League teams, the incentive to join Newcastle is smaller, unless they are paying astronomically high wages. They've also got to contend with the fact that they aren't close to being the first team to have loads of money. Chelsea, City, Liverpool & United aren't skint suddenly, and the vast majority of players are going to prefer to play for one of those massive clubs for insane wages, rather than Newcastle for a bit more money I think.
  • But they won't be buying elite players at this stage so those wishing to go to the big clubs will still do that. I see someone like Dawson, with a couple of years left, as a good buy for Newcastle. A solid player who is an improvement on what they've got and who they could probably get for £10m in January 😁
  • They’ll probably have to buy some of those “big fish, small pond” players. A bit like Docoure when he left Watford - clearly talented but wasn’t going to get a really big move. January will be tricky though because rivals won’t sell. Maybe they could steal someone like Bissouma for enough money. He doesn’t seem to be on the radar of a massive team, isn’t a relegation rival and so Brighton might sell if it’s a stupid price. But they will have to buy for stupid prices.
  • Everybody is going to charge Newcastle a huge premium, too. I think a lot of Premier League clubs will be reluctant to do business with them at all.

They could capitalise on money problems in La Liga, but they really need Premier League experience to stay up this year.
  • One of the funniest things was watching the reactions of the new owners as the game went on. However, Amanda Staveley deserves special mention for her "kid at Christmas" performance when Newcastle scored and then her "someone stole my new toy" face later on. =)
  • The Newcastle Saudi owners applaud the players taking the knee. Remind me, how do they treat homosexuals and anti government sentiment in their country?
  • It's all ok, women there can now drive a car.
  • They’ll probably have to buy some of those “big fish, small pond” players. A bit like Docoure when he left Watford - clearly talented but wasn’t going to get a really big move. January will be tricky though because rivals won’t sell. Maybe they could steal someone like Bissouma for enough money. He doesn’t seem to be on the radar of a massive team, isn’t a relegation rival and so Brighton might sell if it’s a stupid price. But they will have to buy for stupid prices.

Wasn't Bissouma arrested for sexual assault the other week? If the club is a PR exercise for the Saudi government, as a lot of people think, then that's probably someone to steer clear of, at least for the time being.
  • alderz said:

They’ll probably have to buy some of those “big fish, small pond” players. A bit like Docoure when he left Watford - clearly talented but wasn’t going to get a really big move. January will be tricky though because rivals won’t sell. Maybe they could steal someone like Bissouma for enough money. He doesn’t seem to be on the radar of a massive team, isn’t a relegation rival and so Brighton might sell if it’s a stupid price. But they will have to buy for stupid prices.

Wasn't Bissouma arrested for sexual assault the other week? If the club is a PR exercise for the Saudi government, as a lot of people think, then that's probably someone to steer clear of, at least for the time being.
    Aha forgot about that. I was just using him as an example of the level of player they might want and be able to get.
  • They have some tricky games in November, after Palace away next they have Chelsea, Brighton and Brentford. These names don't all look hard on paper but Brighton are 4th and Brentford have real momentum at present as they showed against us at home.
  • Sky terrible coverage.. carra and gnev using the graphics to analyse and look at formations, but we can't see any of it. Cameras on the tunnel and the studio.