Other matches Friday 13th (oo er) - Sunday 15th August

Comments

• steve said:

Hands up who thinks the Man U love in will start again after 1 game

The Brentford "love in" is flavour of the month

• Brentford are the new Leeds
  • I can't see how Lingard was watching that and thinking he is going to force his way back in. They know they are selling him and he knows he is leaving, the only question is who to and for how much.
  • Wombat must be devastated at that result
  • MrsGrey said:

Brentford are the new Leeds

Who were the new Bournemouth
  • steve said:

Hands up who thinks the Man U love in will start again after 1 game

Agree, think I'll go out of the room before Ferdinand starts.
    But he is a West Ham Legend! =)

• Comment to myself at the start of the Man. U game-“ Don’t understand all the hype about Fernandez, he’s not that good.”

I know my football me.
  • Great to be back, couple of comments, I understand the excitement over Brentfords win over Arsenal, first game in the top flight for 74years etc, but I fail to see how their second goal stood given how the keeper was so blatantly fouled.

And that Man U shirt… I saw a few of them in the stand and I thought why would Man U have a shirt that is essentially sky blue and why would any Man U fan want to buy one, apart from the fact that it is also hideous.

That being said, I think that Arsenal are going to struggle and I do have Fernandez in my FF team so all is good thus far.

COYI
  • See Adam Armstrong is up and running with the saints ........Just saying =)
  • steve, Do we need a striker then? Surprised he wasn't on our radar if we do!
  • Villa without Grealish wont end well
  • Man City with Grealish might not end well either
  • All those great Villa signings
  • MrsGrey said:

I'm sure the commentator last night said an Arsenal player ( martinelli?) Was playing in the Olympics. Can't have had much time off.

Richarlison played Copa America and Olympics and then played today!

I think Brentford will be get a lot of love if they perform. People will like that they got here buying cheap and selling big rather than with a massive injection - which feels like what most Championship teams do these days.
  • Leeds getting twonked 5-1 on the opening day of the season. Nobody likes to see that.

Apart from me, I like to see that very much indeed. Put a spring in my step as I walked around Waitrose looking for the least smug bottle of champagne I could find. 🥳
  • Only seen a couple of games, but the refs seem to be copying Euro patterns. Nice to see the tumblers not buying free kicks so easily, and flags raised immediately for obvious offsides. VAR is invisible so far, when they could have corrected a couple of missed fouls.
  • Batshuayi to Besiktas according to Sky Sports.... Where's that 'weep' emoji
  • He blew you out years ago Baz, I think it's time to move on to someone new, there's plenty more fish in the sea.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Batshuayi to Besiktas according to Sky Sports.... Where's that 'weep' emoji

He certainly hasnt shone since we tried to buy him. I seriously have no desire for him to come to us but the handle is too settled. I tried to find a new one but came back to this as its mine to stay
  • Check out this new website, "New Handles for You" Very exclusive 😁
  • Spurs waving the white flags already hahaha
  • Where's your Harry gone (to the tune of Middle of the Road's Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep)

And Grealish has fallen over already
  • Damn, Spurs score.
  • I started putting a pound coin in a jar every time they mentioned Grealish. I’ve now had to resort to putting them in the bath.
  • Come on citeh don’t let them win as they will feel like title hopes already
  • Grealish slides in on Moura and accuses him of diving.......oh the irony
  • Now that's just an annoying result
  • Come on citeh don’t let them win as they will feel like title hopes already

'It's our year'.

Just like last season.

Really don't like Spurs. Or Son.
  • I am glad we won today as had we lost and Spurs beat City without Kane I think I would have had enough of this season already.