Euro 2020 Group Stage Thread

Comments

• Lee Dixon confusing a hip with a nose
  • Comms showing a welcome bit of humour to counteract the sickening hyperbole.
    And at least the fans of both sides can be united in booing.
  • Niggly start.
  • Rice always pointing to a defender to pass to as if we can play the whole game across the back 4 all the time is annoying for me. Never seems like he will put himself about to go and collect the ball or offer himself for a little one two or triangle to move the ball forward.
  • Rice always pointing to a defender to pass to as if we can play the whole game across the back 4 all the time is annoying for me. Never seems like he will put himself about to go and collect the ball or offer himself for a little one two or triangle to move the ball forward.

Rice certainly seems to want the ball less for England than he does at West Ham. Maybe that comes from Southgate, I don't know, but he seems to play a bit differently for the national team.
  • Kane has been Englands worse player in both games and that is saying something with Pickford in the team =)
  • He comes too deep. Stirling offering nothing so far
  • Looks well off it, Kane. Almost like he's not 100% fit.
  • We're too slow. At keast Grealish looks to go forward with pace
  • no idea why Kane is playing cannot be on current form, now score a hattrick
  • Rashford and Grealish for Kane and Sterling please.
  • Looks well off it, Kane. Almost like he's not 100% fit.

His slow running also makes him look like he's carrying too much weight.

Im sure he's not, but because he's quite big and then looks slow, he looks not quite athletic enough.
  • trying to drop his price no doubt
  • Mount is stealing a cap as well.
  • Grealish on please.
  • We look ponderous, clueless and unorganised
  • grealish for mount
  • I know this might sound weird but I don’t like the way Rice play’s for England…:

It’s another dull performance/ game..,,,
    🥱🥱🥱🥱
  • I do agree that Kane looks off the pace.
    However I see the biggest issue is our slow passing.
    More zip needed.
  • More zip? Any zip would be welcome as we play at walking pace and again the hardest working part of the team is Rice’s pointing finger.
  • the hardest working part of the team is Rice’s pointing finger.

And for Scotland it's McGinn's mouth.
  • I would have liked Ollie Watkins as an option.
  • I don't know, i love Rice but he offers nothing for me in this England set up. Not prepared to offer a triangle to move the ball forward, sits amongst the 2 forwards and AM and then points left or right. I think you could take him off put Phillips there and put another attacking midfielder on. He is just a body at the moment floating not really doing anything.
  • Southgate has gone from a dapper dude with a waistcoat to a factory foreman with his attire tonight.
  • Kane should have made the near post run there. He's really not himself.
  • I'm shouting so loud about our lack of movement and ideas that I fear even Mrs Grey can hear me
  • England must be the most boring side to watch.
  • i watched snow melt on my car for hours once .More fun then this
  • Sideways and backwards I'm going to do my nut in
  • Scotland deserve to win this.
This discussion has been closed.