Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, has passed away.

2»

Comments

• Not while Liverpool’s longest serving consort carragher his still about
  • We don't know when it was last used. The 'war' bit hasn't been used but what about the 'money' bit.
    The fact remains, they have political powers by virtue of who their parents were. That's hereditary power, and I'm against it. I believe all those who make our laws should elected to do so. That's (one of the reasons) why I am anti-monarchy.
  • The British Monarchy is known as a constitutional monarchy. This means that, while The Sovereign is Head of State, the ability to make and pass legislation resides with an elected Parliament. I appreciate it's very much an apples or oranges thing. Some for one and some for the other. I'm happy as we are ( a few tweaks here and there)
  • https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/07/revealed-queen-lobbied-for-change-in-law-to-hide-her-private-wealth

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/08/royals-vetted-more-than-1000-laws-via-queens-consent

Not a fan of the Royals, respect their Charity work, mental health work, environmental work but thats as far as it goes.

Also despise the UK national anthem adopted by England, everything about it is simply nothing to do with Modern Britain / England, should have been binned off.
  • Good links Yeold. Interesting read, I've learned something. There'll always be differing opinions and views on everything and that's how it should be. Two things we can all agree on....the loss of a loved one is heart breaking and we all want the Irons to triumph!
  • yoyo said:

Two things we can all agree on....the loss of a loved one is heart breaking and we all want the Irons to triumph!

......and until Prince George joins the West Ham academy, we should leave Royal debate for elsewhere!
  • Isn’t the queen supposed to be a hammer ?
  • No, that's barracks.
  • Cuz1 said:

Unlike his son who I served in the Royal Navy with and couldn’t say on here what I and the ships company thought of him </blockquote
    There is 2
    You need to be lower you highness
    And you will call me “ Prince”

• The best one and I kid you not, our captains name was Andrew Prince he had a coffee mug with his name and squadron on, Prince Andrew thought it was a Micky take so when he walked into fly co or flight communications he picked the mug up and said who’s the clown, Andrew Prince swivels round on his chair and said I am and you can call me sir, it was priceless to witness that
  • imagelost said:

Cuz1 said:

Unlike his son who I served in the Royal Navy with and couldn’t say on here what I and the ships company thought of him

Don’t get that