Sam (Snod)Grasses

1235»

Comments

• He told the truth when people expect, according to Ironherb, that clubs/representatives lie to prem/FA or the media.
  • I just think it’s another vendetta against big Sam let it go he’s gone
  • Vendetta? What are you talking about? Sam opened his mouth, I think we all agree that he did say what he said, nobody is making that up. All we are asking ourselves is why? When he must realise what trouble us and West Brom could be in. Where is the vendetta?
  • Cuz1 said:

I just think it’s another vendetta against big Sam let it go he’s gone

I don't think it's that to be honest, simply that he failed to use discretion, common sense, whatever you want to call it, and has created a situation for both West Brom and us. We were basically doing them a favour by letting them have Snodgrass as early in the window as we did, and, by either deliberately or stupidly being a numpty he's created an issue out of nothing.
  • My reply would be why should he lie about why, if he’d said I decided to rest him because two games quickly would be to much then the agreement came out he’d be called a liar anyway dammed if you do
  • I feel like I'm on a massive roundabout, I think its time I got off hahaha
  • Cuz1 said:

My reply would be why should he lie about why, if he’d said I decided to rest him because two games quickly would be to much then the agreement came out he’d be called a liar anyway dammed if you do

Because they lie all the time, or they omit and skirt around things. When players are dropped, how often do they outright say what it is? They don’t say a player’s been rubbish or they’ve been slacking in training or they’ve been causing problems, they just give us platitudes.
  • He told the truth when people expect, according to Ironherb, that clubs/representatives lie to prem/FA or the media.

I didn't say that. I said there is a difference when talking to the media as opposed to talking to a FA / PL investigation.
  • And then some slam him for being honest
  • edited January 2021
    Cuz - the point is it is a private agreement between two parties. The loyalty is it remains private. To make the deal & then tell the world is wrong. 1) because it’s actually against the laws & 2) because the agreement is private & should remain so. Sam being honest was to refuse the agreement to start with.
  • I get what you are saying Ironherb, my apologies.
  • And you know this lukerz as fact, so let’s take your theory as gospel and it’s leaked and he gets pilloried for lying you can’t have it both ways to support your argument because you dislike the bloke
  • I think he will be slammed more if both clubs get docked points.
  • I’m sure he will and I’m sure he’s bothered
  • Cuz1 said:

And you know this lukerz as fact, so let’s take your theory as gospel and it’s leaked and he gets pilloried for lying you can’t have it both ways to support your argument because you dislike the bloke

I don’t overly dislike him. He did a good job for us & I often defended him but felt he had expired by his 3rd/4th year.
  • So Cuz, you'd have him back as manager?
  • No I would have renewed his contract before he left if I as the board were only interested in mid table obscurity, I’d have let him go if what came in was going to almost guarantee the European games the board promised us, but we were definitely a better side when he left as to the one he took over so for me I’d say was a job well done
  • Lukerz said:

Cuz - the point is it is a private agreement between two parties. The loyalty is it remains private. To make the deal & then tell the world is wrong. 1) because it’s actually against the laws & 2) because the agreement is private & should remain so. Sam being honest was to refuse the agreement to start with.

At the risk of going over something that has already been established... Is ' it' by which I mean the actual agreement we made ( and do we know for a fact what that is?) against the laws?
  • I suspect that we will only definitively find out the answer to that if it results in a sanction or other penalty post the FA/PL investigation
  • Ex says there was no agreement written down and the club felt Sam was ‘making a joke’. Yeah, ok...
  • If the Premier apply a penalty it's likely to be the only one we're awarded all season!