Sam (Snod)Grasses

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Why lie?

I'm not sure managers tell the truth every time they're asked why they haven't named someone in a squad.
  • That's different to lying to a Prem or FA investigation.
  • Oh, I thought you meant Sam’s pre-game comments
  • I was responding to Lukerz "deny it and go the whole hog" comment.
  • edited January 2021
    Herb - the point is we should be honest and say there was an informal agreement, but that will get the club in trouble.

This 'agreement' has just been unprofessionally managed. All that had to happen is Snodgrass sit on the bench, Sam say he is not ready for two full starts in 3 days and I'll use him if I have to, bring him on for the last 10 mins or not use him.

Simple stuff. As it is, he's stitched the clubs up and made it look like we have both broken rules. We can admit it, but expect a sanction.

This was a perfectly innocent agreement. We did them a favour by giving them him earlier than we wanted to, and for free, and they offered to leave him out as a gesture of good will.

Just don't tell everybody.
  • We still don't know if any rules were broken and if we have and have been caught we take the written reprimand. If we lie and any decision goes against us then we will be in deeper trouble and that's when sanctions might be applied.
  • I posted but seems it hasn’t sent, I said it’s easy to blame big Sam for some people who since he’s left never slated the club and as come out with nothing but praise for us but hay ho
  • So who is to blame for Sam telling everyone about the "Gentlemens Agreement"?
  • That is easy - GSB. Everything is their fault! =)
  • Well why would he lie, what would he gain from that ?
  • I doubt if we will ever know the truth. everyone will be working to find a way out of the mess
  • True but you’d have thought he’d played him if there wasn’t some sort of agreement, but at what level was that at management or boardroom
  • Cuz1 said:

Well why would he lie, what would he gain from that ?

Well, he and his club wouldn’t be being investigated by the FA and PL, for a start. He’s got 100% more grief to deal with than he would have if he hadn’t said it.
  • Cuz1 said:

I posted but seems it hasn’t sent, I said it’s easy to blame big Sam for some people who since he’s left never slated the club and as come out with nothing but praise for us but hay ho

It posted, cuz, but with the quote marks in the wrong place so your new comment didn't stand out. I'll tidy it up.
  • That’s my point it must have been an agreement or surely with his experience he’d have played him but at what level was it agreed, because if big Sam thought it was a fitness issue he’d have come out and said it
  • Why say anything at all is the point.
  • So what’s he supposed to say when asked
  • He could say he's got a slight niggle, he played for the first time in ages at the weekend and we weren't sure if he could play twice in a week. Just not what he said.
  • So he’s supposed to lie then
  • This is going round in circles. 😂
  • Cuz1 said:

So he’s supposed to lie then

If you make an illegal gentleman’s agreement, maybe not great to advertise it. But I’m sure Sam wanted to drop us in it to unsettle us ahead of the game.
  • I don’t buy into this, surely he’s asked why snodgrass ain’t in the squad and he’s supposed to say he’s injured, maybe just maybe he/ they agreed to the clause and didn’t realise it was illegal as per loan agreements
  • I think the only person unsettled by this is you Lukerz. You're criticising people for answering questions truthfully.
  • Managers and players lie all the time. How many times did Wenger say he didn't see the incident when it was blatantly obvious he did or when a player says "I never touched him ref" when everybody knows he did.
  • Wenger was talking to the media. People expect the clubs/representatives to lie to the Prem/FA. Bit of a difference.
  • So Sam did the unexpected? Interesting.
  • So what was the unexpected Preston
  • IronHerb said:

Wenger was talking to the media. People expect the clubs/representatives to lie to the Prem/FA. Bit of a difference.

But this is about the media too? Sam said to the press that there was a deal. If he hadn’t he wouldn’t have had to speak to the FA or PL at all...

• edited January 2021
    IronHerb said:

I think the only person unsettled by this is you Lukerz. You're criticising people for answering questions truthfully.

Well surely they knew the rules? Therefore why would both sides agree to break them & then obviously state it? If they don’t know the rules, they shouldn’t be in football.