WHU 606 - a decade

2»

Comments

• Although I don't comment very much, this forum has been an essential part of my daily briefing. I would miss it terribly. Thanks to all involved for starting it, keeping it civilised, and keeping it going.
  • Username Ace of Clubs,
    joined Jan 2011,
    12,200 visits.
    Very grateful that Grey set this forum up it's now part of my life I would miss dearly, don't post much but a must read every day.
  • User name Barney
    Joined January 2011
    Visits 12,657
    Visits: 7,486

I have no way of knowing but I don't think there are many left of the founder members from the original 606 when it began all the way back in 2006. I suspect I may be one of the longest serving posters, which makes me feel very old.
  • cannot remember when I joined the old 606 , old enough
  • The BBC 606 forum started in 2003 but I can’t remember when the hammers section was set up. I think I joined round about 2005/6 but can’t be sure.
  • edited January 2021
    Username
    MunichHammer

Visits

Certainly doesn't feel that long. I remember when the site was temporarily down how lost I felt. Just shows how attached you can get to a group of people.
  • Joined February 2011
    Visits 15,022

Have a habit of using this website as my only West Ham news source. Not sure how smart is 🤔
  • Joined February 2011
    Visits 2,729
    Two of the originals from when the site started.
    Wonder whatever happened to LGH(Jim) & Woosie?

• Used to see Woosie for snooker and meet up at the beer festival in Canterbury but it's been a year or two now. I think he kept in touch with LGH and some of the others through a facebook thing
  • edited January 2021
    say hi to LGH for me , he is a top bloke, or ask woosie when you see him lol
  • I know who LGH is but who are the other two?
  • edited January 2021
    Woosie is on the right and that's me in the middle.
    Taken in the west stand at the old Boleyn.
  • Mike, didn’t you start off as IronMike? I was MediaQ on 606 for many years ...
  • IronMike is a different person, still on here sometimes.
  • No Dodger i used to be Mikehunt =) but i shortened it.
    I do remember IronMike.I think his son was on here as well?
  • Still around but age and illness limits my ability to post much these days - still playing (walking football) though 👍