PL Midweek(ish) games 12th - 14th January

edited January 2021 in Other Teams & Matches
This discussion was created from comments split from: Couldn’t think.... part three.

Comments

• Scotty not happy Fulham had had a game added to their schedule at 2 days notice, because the Villa v Spurs game has been postponed. I know there are lots of games to fit in between now and the end of the season, and that the original fixture between Spurs and Fulham was called off at much shorter notice, but I can't help thinking that I'd be pretty annoyed if I put a team out knowing they had a week before their next game, and then had another match shoe-horned in with 2 days notice. Jose, surprisingly, can't see a problem, but Spurs were due to be playing tomorrow anyway. As Scotty says, I can't see the Premier League forcing an additional game on a big club at such short notice:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55634082
  • I split your comment off from the 'don't know' thread, buffy as we needed a match thread for this week's other games.
  • Well that's ruined my evening/week, Blunts have got their win.
  • edited January 2021
    Not really upset .Keeps Newcastle from getting near us
  • Kane scoring a diving header. Of course.
  • Really nice to see Fulham come back from 1-0 down to earn a point. Obviously really good to see Spurs drop 2 points, but, as I said previously, very harsh on Fulham to have to play, and so nice to see The Ordinary One only come away with a point when he'd have been banking on 3 after Fulham were forced to play at short notice.
  • Fulham have drawn five Premier League games in a row
  • Villa have another game postponed because of Covid, they'll have three games in hand on the teams around them after this weekend.

Bet they're glad they're out of the Cup
  • edited January 2021
    Done, I've made a new thread. For the discussion of what past players are up to. And tidied this thread up.