Other games - weekend 23rd - 26th October, 2020

I suspect that Wombat may not be the happiest bunny ever this weekend after seeing the Leeds United result =)

Comments

• I’d be more worried by the performance Leeds and I hate to say it looked good
  • Early days, but Fulham are going down imo

Really poor, need to start picking up some points
  • In The Eredivisie, Ajax winning 9 nil.
  • MrsGrey said:

In The Eredivisie, Ajax winning 9 nil.

I’ll put my neck on the line and say they’ll win the league this year.
  • Fulham look gone already. They’ve had a few winnable games already.
  • Put a pound on Fulham getting six points off us this year
  • Watching Man U-Chelsea. Most boring 15 minutes of Premier League football I've seen in a long time. Looking forward to the European Super League.
  • The European “Super” League
  • The European Stupor League.
  • How on earth are Palace 5th in the table😯
  • We were 3rd for half an hour.... looks like the last 6 games will decide whether a team is going to be relegated or alternatively qualify for Europe =)
  • Blunts on 1 point with city next, oh dear how sad never mind , will be our fault of course
  • I blame Tevez
  • Arsenal a bit unlucky to have a goal disallowed imo. As usual, goalie is completely over-protected, claiming he was obstructed by a player in an offside position, but one of the camera angles clearly shows that Schmeichel had moved away from the offside player who most definitely wasn't in his eyeline when Lacazette headed the ball goalwards.
  • edited October 2020
    This is going to be a VERY open season, with everyone beating everyone else. You can be top one week then bottom half the next. Could be another surprise like the Leicester year. Hope we end up top half, not struggling again.
  • edited October 2020
    Leicester hasn’t looked like scoring all game. Vardy comes on and scores.

Both teams have looked quite poor to be honest.
  • It’s mad to think that we’ve had a really good start, but are bottom half. Heard someone say the other day that the winner this season won’t have European football - like the Leicester year or (I think) Chelsea’s last title - and I think that’s a real possibility with the amount of games and lack of break.
  • Yeah. It’s because our points tally is not that good in terms of games played, but is very good when you consider who we have played. Just a shame we didn’t get anything from our first 2 games, as I feel we should have an extra 2-4 points.
  • Ominous signs that, given how unpredictable the league is and the fact anyone can beat anyone, there are 4 teams on 2 or less points

I do think things will stabilise, the short break and no fans definitely playing a part in early season form

Even though its only 5/6 games in, quite fun seeing United, City, Arsenal and Spurs all in the bottom half of the table
  • This weekend I've watched Man Utd-Chelsea, Wolves-Newcastle and now Burnley-Spurs.

I can't remember what football is but this can't be it.