Everton (A) Carabao Cup, Wednesday 30 September 7:45pm

edited September 2020 in Match Threads
Drawing Everton when they're playing their best football in ages isn't ideal, especially when Calvert-Lewis is currently joint top scorer in the Prem.

£10 from the caraboacup.live website

Comments

• Our Second team is better then theres ,So 3-1 to us Haller hat trick
  • They played quite a strong team against Fleetwood. Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin started. Think they only really changed the midfield, to Siggurdson, Delph, Bernard and Iwobi.
  • My preference would be to allow the team that has been playing the previous games to start but to have the big guns as an option on the bench. Should we be in a lead at half time I would be quite happy to bring on Rice for the second half to try and maintain it, if we are a goal down with half hour to go I would like Antonio and Bowen to be available to have a go at getting back into it.
  • Might have to put Ogbonna in at CB to deal with Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin, though it would be nice for Alese to get another game. Or we could drop someone like Lanzini so Alese can play in a back 3. The rest of the team can be reshaped into the formation we've played in the league. A little tough to balance allowing all these players to continue getting time and being ready to face a much harder challenge.
  • Everton have played the same starting XI for all three Premier League games

Against Salford they played a completely different team apart from Michael Keane at CB

Against Fleetwood they started six players that had started 4 days earlier including the front three, four that had started against Salford and gave Delph his first start of the season.

While they are 3rd after three games that might not last, they're going to go all out for a cup so we shouldn't expect them to rest any of their top players.

Whoever wins this is through to the quarters, we should be fielding the strongest team we can rather than using this as an opportunity to give kids and fringe players playing time.
  • I think WHU should field a strong team for this cup-tie as it is a rare chance to lift a trophy. I suspect that because of PL opposition Everton will field a strong team. Besides we want to build on the Wolves win and make winning a habit.
  • Pengeman said:

I think WHU should field a strong team for this cup-tie as it is a rare chance to lift a trophy. I suspect that because of PL opposition Everton will field a strong team. Besides we want to build on the Wolves win and make winning a habit.

And of course make sulli furious if we have to pay for an away game again >:)
  • 2-1. Away win.

COYI
  • I always hate PL opposition because I’d much rather win the league game unless I know for certain we’re going to be safe.
  • Randolph
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Johnson - Noble - Snodgrass - Masuaku
    Yarmolenko - Haller - Anderson
  • edited September 2020
    I think that's a good side but might go for Wilshere over Noble. As long as we have him, we might as well be trying to get him fit and I thought had some good moments against Hull.
  • With the new back 5 & Diop out, there is no point massively altering it. I imagine we will, as Moyes will want to protect them all, but I just think we go with what we have for now.

End of the day, a place in the 1/4’s is at stake.
  • If we're serious about a cup run we should play Fabianski. There is no reason to rest him.
  • I'd like to see Lanzini to play but I don't really see where he fits into this 343, apart from off the left and Anderson is the more obvious choice
  • 3-4-3 can easily be 3-4-1-2 though, with Lanzini behind two strikers. That, for me, is where he fits in best. I also feel like I remember him playing off the right when Payet was here but maybe not
  • On the bbc web page at the moment

“Newport lead Newcastle, plus Man City, Man Utd and Everton in action”

Can’t say I’m surprised at the BBC’s bias, effectively demeaning us, Brighton and Burnley

Time to scrap the licence fee
  • edited September 2020

On the bbc web page at the moment

“Newport lead Newcastle, plus Man City, Man Utd and Everton in action”

Can’t say I’m surprised at the BBC’s bias, effectively demeaning us, Brighton and Burnley

Time to scrap the licence fee

Scrap the licence fee and all football will be pay-per-view.

Mr Bezos, Mr Murdoch and the rest thank you for surrendering your independence and your contribution to their bank accounts

• edited September 2020
    Randolph
    Johnson - Balbuena - Rice - Cresswell
    Noble - Snodgrass
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Anderson
    Haller

Trott, Ogbonna, Ashby, Masuaku, Soucek, Fornals, Bowen

Is the side
  • Rice getting a run out at centre back so that Chelsea know what they’re getting 🧐
  • Lukerz said:

Randolph
    Johnson - Balbuena - Rice - Cresswell
    Noble - Snodgrass
    Yarmolenko - Lanzini - Anderson
    Haller

Trott, Ogbonna, Ashby, Masuaku, Soucek, Fornals, Bowen

Is the side

No Antonio as a back up super-sub in case we need him?
  • Wilshere not even on the bench
  • I would have had Antonio on the bench but other than that it’s a pretty decent squad. Place in the 1/4’s at stake.
  • Looking forward to a Haller Hat trick
  • Everton got a decent side out
  • edited September 2020
    Does seem to prove the obvious that if either Haller or Antonio should get injured we are in Sesame street for sure...& it's live on TV here...COYI
  • Are we really starting a game against PL opposition with a midfield two of Noble and Snodgrass?
  • Wonder if Cullen would've played today if he wasn't isolating
  • Are we really starting a game against PL opposition with a midfield two of Noble and Snodgrass?

Yes!
  • Then I can't see how they won't get overrun. Absolutely no pace in the middle of the pitch.

Ah well, expecting the worst, but hoping for the best.