European games

See Steven Gerrard has found his big book of excuses to explain his most recent failure: blaming Morelos who he claimedshas been distracted byspeculation over his future.

Comments

• I thought it was down to being beaten by the better team.
  • See Juventus have decided to stop being a top European club by appointing Pirlo as their manager. Doesn't look like a great idea.
  • Worked for Real with Zidane got them back to La Liga champs
  • edited August 2020
    Zidane had a bit more experience than Pirlo ar the youth level and though he’s not expressive on the sidelines, he was a fighter alongside having the brain and talent. Pirlo seems more like one who will produce beautiful football at times and be clueless at others. Zidane’s also just special. It will be interesting to see anyway.
  • Absolute scenes :o
  • edited August 2020
    It's just like watching Brazil ... In the World Cup 🤣
  • I think Setien has lost the dressing room...

• Well that was well worth watching, Thought I see a few goals, but 10 wow.
  • Man City. Oh dear!
  • I can't work out how Pep set them up, very bizarre.....and Stirling....oh dear, I could have Guffed that ball over the line from there!!
  • Dutch VAR official must have smoked something not to see that as a foul for the second goal IMHO.
  • City are the European bottle jobs

They have it lined up year after and lose it and blame VAR

They dont finish their chances and give away stupid goals from mistakes

No sympathy for them...shocking they have never won it with the squads they have had
  • So two France v Germany semi finals. No animosity there...
  • Man Utd. Oh dear!
  • Pub team defending for 2nd goal
  • What do you expect with Maguire and Lindelof?
  • £80 mill for Herman Munster was just daylight robbery

But that's the mancs for yah :p
  • The two top English players in both games ( Sterling & Rashford ) both had rather underwhelming games IMO, they need to perform in these type of games and often don't ( not just them I understand tho )....
  • There were quite a few Man U fans down the pub last night, all having a good old laugh at City blowing it the night before. They didn't seem quite as cheerful afterwards...
  • Did you have a night out in Guildford then ASLEF? :lol:
  • IronHerb said:

Did you have a night out in Guildford then ASLEF? :lol:

Surrey, at the moment, appears to be chav territory
  • Interesting to see what happens with Peps contract

The question was always, will Pep want to extend it (only has a year to run)

I wonder now if the city board want to extend it

Hes arguably still one of the top 2 best managers in the world, but the funds they've given him and yet 4 quarter finals I dont think that is good enough

Personally I love watching his style as a natural so hope he stays for the good of the league
  • Only problem I have with Pep is that every now and again, such as on Saturday, he makes a bizarre decision in either team selection or tactics seemingly so it looks, if it comes off, that he is way ahead of other coaches in his thinking.