West Ham v Southampton (A) 14th Dec @ 17:30 - When the Saints go marching...

Comments

• Looks like everyone is available apart from Fab, Wilshere and Lanzini, even Winston is training with the first team.
  • Can we just play Winston even if he only has one leg :wahoo:
  • Both Nicholas and Lawton have this down as 2-1 Saints.
  • At least Lawro isn't predicting we'll win so at least that's reassuring

Noble in the Standard says categorically there is no split in the dressing room.
  • Well I doubt he'd say there was one :hmm:
  • What about the split on here ........... :run:
  • Away win.

Not popular, but possible.
  • At least Lawro isn't predicting we'll win so at least that's reassuring

Noble in the Standard says categorically there is no split in the dressing room.

I'm sure their captains said the same thing and it was going on right in front of their face ;)

• edited December 2019
    Crucial team selection today. I imagine he will go with the same side that started against Arsenal, & will justify it by saying that side played well for an hour against Arsenal (until we lost Cress) & beat Chelsea.

Given this is rumoured to potentially be Pelle’s final game should it go wrong, I would go all out if I was Pelle with the sort of attacking side he has been working towards building. He needs to play all his cards & say this is the vision I have been working towards with West Ham, & if it goes south, he goes down with his ship.

Martin
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Cresswell
    Noble - Rice
    Yarmolenko - Antonio - Anderson
    Haller

All or nothing today. Going out so will have no idea of the score, which will probs be a good thing.
  • I'd rather have Oggy and Diop.

I'll be on my meal break for the first half hour so I can listen to BBC London but after that I will be on a train until 10pm. I'm going to try to avoid seeing the final score until I get home to watch MotD.
  • How you drop Oggy when he has been our best player over the last few weeks surprises me.
  • I would go with a 4-3-3

Same defense with Zaba, Rice and Anderson in a midfield diamond. Masuaku - Haller - Anderson in attack. Perfect counter attack team.

Easy to switch to a 3 - 5 - 2 also when needed. Antonio and Haller leading with Fredericks and Masuaku as wing backs.

Will never happen, can dream though.
  • IBL
    So we'd have the two slowest players on the pitch with Zaba and Noble.
  • It'd be childish to mention IBL mentioned Anderson in MF diamond and attack. So I'll just ignore that as everyone knows he meant Antonio in MF diamond and attack ;) :whistle:
  • Also a midfield diamond needs four players...
  • IronHerb said:

How you drop Oggy when he has been our best player over the last few weeks surprises me.

Agree & I was going to put him in but we have conceded 5 goals in the last two matches, of which he has played at CB.

To be honest either him or Balbuena for Diop. I just went Ogg as it was clear last season that FB/ID was Pelle’s preferred pairing.
  • I'm actually looking forward to this. One way or another we (maybe just me) should get some sort of positive outcome.
  • edited December 2019
    Lukerz

We’ve conceded loads of goals whoever we have played (Chelsea aside obvs)
  • Sorry - centre midfield triangle or Rice, Zaba and Anderson. I would drop Noble for a while. Zaba is not as slow as made out. He's quicker than Noble, that's for sure. He is also covers short distances quickly, so perfect for the defensive midfield role (along with good all round play). I think he's discriminated against for being bald, grey and 34. I bet he's faster then Fornals!
  • Also a midfield diamond needs four players...

He meant midfield Triamond :clap: All the young, upcoming coaches are maybe sort of thinking about trying it :footie:
  • go Onnn
    The donkeys

• Hamstew said:

I'm actually looking forward to this. One way or another we (maybe just me) should get some sort of positive outcome.

Brexit?
  • edited December 2019
    :hmm: Pexit :whistle:
  • I need a drink
    Gin with :adrian: chaser
  • After 17 games last season, we had 24 points. This season after 16 games, we have 16 points and today's is the 17th game. Even a win will leave us behind last year's point tally and then our form was on the way up. This season the form has been dreadful. Even if we win, we need to change the manager.
  • No Anderson today

Team is

Martin
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Snodgrass - Noble - Rice - Fornals
    Antonio
    Haller
  • Slowest midfield in history of West Ham
  • Lukerz said:

No Anderson today

Team is

Martin
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Snodgrass - Noble - Rice - Fornals
    Antonio
    Haller

Why :hmm:
    He might not have been in his best form, but IMO he seems like he's Pelle's scapegoat.
This discussion has been closed.