Bournemouth vs West Ham, 15:00, Saturday, 28th September

1235»

Comments

• Take that. Hate playing Bournemouth
  • I thought we were quite a lot better than them, but got opened up too easily on occasions.

Yarmo was fantastic.

Haller was also great, but we need to start creating a few more chances for the guy.
  • Can’t fault the effort there, decent point coming from behind. Declan has been special again. Got some planning and work to do before Palace next week. Coyi.
  • edited September 2019
    A performance which, on another day, might have got the win.

Away point at Bournemouth was all I expected, so, glad to get it.

For all the concern about Roberto, apart from his early clearances (on a very windy day), I thought he did OK.

Oh, and Yarmo... :bowdown: far and away his best game for us, imo.
  • Although Cresswell scored a goal, I thought his crossing was woeful today. Considering how good it used to be.
  • Last season it took us 12 games to get this many points. Season before it took 16. That’s progress :ok:
  • Cop a load of us sitting in third.
  • Good point and deserved all three imo.
    Yarmo is back to his best but the others need to take a leaf out od Cressis book and shoot now and again.

COYI
  • Herb :ok:

So frustrating to see Anderson and Lanzini hardly ever shooting.

And please, can we get some crosses in for Haller? Even just 2 or 3 a game?
  • Anderson could really do with a goal to get him up and running this season.
  • Very fashionable these days, walking the ball into the back of the net. Against Manu it was painful to watch. One goal coming from a great shot, the other from a superb free kick. I would love to see more shooting from random positions. Even if we have to bring back Carlton and Bobby Z.
  • edited September 2019
    For a team that used to have Andy C in its squad is it any wonder they have lost the art of launching crosses into the middle for the big man as he rarely played!
  • respect the point
  • Crowd today less than 300 larger than at Oxford. Madness! However people feel about Bournemouth’s personnel, you’ve got to respect their rise
  • Not really. How many small companies, employees etc. did the trample over to get to the Prem.
  • edited September 2019
    Putting aside what happened in midweek, as a Hammer you can’t ask for much more than what we saw today. A desire to win the game, good football, chances, two goals. A very pleasing performance.

We were a tad unfortunate with the Fab injury plus the first equaliser for Bournemouth which was so tight and also incredibly lucky with the way the ball fell to King.

But all in all a very good point after falling 2-1 down at a place we lost comfortably at last season.

COYI
  • also, 3rd in the league
  • Unfortunately not able to watch it but looking at the above comments, (really bad travel day resulting in getting stranded in Cincinnati) however, I must be pleased that I brought Yarmo into my FFT.

Seems like a decent result, praying that Fabs injury is not so bad.

COYI
  • That was a very tough match today and to come away with a point was definitely a good result. Man of the match for me was Rice and although it may sound crazy for a player having so many nice things said about him I actually think he is underrated at present. He is reading the game so well, and his timing regard tackling and one on ones is really impressive. He can if we can keep him he will be our Viera or Gerrard with regard impact on the team as a whole. Although there were of course many other changes I think the fact he was left out at Wimbledon last season and Oxford this season definitely contributed to the results as I think when someone is that good the team cannot but fall short of expectations when they are left out.

The team as a whole look really good and the defence have found an organisation that is really helping them stay solid. I really hope Fab is not out for long as after Rice he is perhaps our most influential player. I don't think I would swap him for another premiership Keeper.

Two good teams today who both wanted to win and gave each other no respite all match.
  • Unfortunately not able to watch it but looking at the above comments, (really bad travel day resulting in getting stranded in Cincinnati) however, I must be pleased that I brought Yarmo into my FFT.

Seems like a decent result, praying that Fabs injury is not so bad.

COYI

I hope your travel situation has eased!

“Stranded in Cincinnati” has got to be a romcom, surely?
  • You can see how well Pelle has organised our back line in their 2nd goal. The back four are all in a line, playing their bloke offside, but unfortunately Yarmo was a fraction over eager to do his defensive work, and stepped back a yard, playing him onside.

He'll learn from it, and over the whole game it was great to see how hard he, and Anderson for that matter, worked to do the 'ugly' side.
  • VAR hates us.... :weep:
  • Grey

Although Yarmolenko messed up for their second goal, I think he did very well defensively and helped Fredericks multiple times. Especially for some who said in an interview last year that he doesn’t like defending (paraphrasing).

It’s very good having two wingers who help out the team defensively (with Anderson being so good at tackling).
  • Adam

Yeah, I wasn't trying to dig him out at all, more point out how well organised the back 4 are. They have been for a while, tbh, and they generally keep that offside line really well.

Yarmo was outstanding in attack, so to see him also busting a gut in defence was brilliant.
  • Joe Hart in disguise?

:hug: :weep:
  • Yeah when you play that offside trap, which will only be more beneficial now that you can be ruled offside by an eyelash now VAR is in full swing, you are going to occasionally concede a couple of fractional goals. On any other day both of their goals yesterday could have easily been offside.
This discussion has been closed.