Newport County V West Ham Tues 27th Aug Carabao Cup 2nd Rd. A cup run or Plonkers at Rodney Parade?

Comments

• steve said:

Is there another word for poor :biggrin:

Pony
  • I like the expression nervy
  • edited August 2019

Did you not see our defence tonight Mrs Grey, oh no that's right, they have virtully been non existent ;) Think Roberto has done well to keep us with a clean sheet in that half IMO

OK, well done, but it's not like he's been under the cosh.

2 shots on target, that's all. And one of those saves was (imo) really unconvincing.

• edited August 2019
    Think people are being harsh. We are dealing with them well, got the lead.

When do we ever turn up away to a lower league side & play well & win comfortably. It’s always ‘earn the right to play & then your quality will come through second half’.

Many players who are yet to play any minutes this season. Snodgrass & Wilshere were disappointing. Shame about Antonio. Hopefully just a twinge.

0-3 (Ajeti to score)
  • Diop to score
  • Hamstew said:

Diop to score

for who ;)
  • edited August 2019
    Looked like more than a twinge unfortunately, Lukerz.

I'll give Ajeti and Fornals the benefit of the doubt because they're new to the club, the team and midweek cup games in Wales, but I cannot accept such poor performances from the likes of Cresswell, Snodgrass and Wilshere. They know all about these games but haven't stepped up, IMO.
  • Lukerz said:

THopefully just a twinge.

Oh, Luke, I hope so but everything about it says Grade 3. (That's 3 - 6 months)
  • How can Wilshere play with chewing gum in his mouth?
  • I’m not being harsh.

I’m saying it how I see it.
  • Cresswell hits another cross out of play and then jogs back smiling.

Gears grinding.
  • Much better start from Snodgrass. Composed on the ball, keeping it simple & not wasting it.
  • Would rather Johnson at LB
  • Ajeti with a chance, but his header goes over. Better.

Then we nearly conceded at the other end
  • Sanchez is a liability deluxe :doh:
  • Sanchez really is a parody of a footballer.
  • I thought he was just about ok in the first half, but since the break he's not been very good.
  • i actually think he is better going forward than trying to defend as a midfielder, problem is we have enough of those type of players.
  • Seriously if I see Cresswell hold his hand up to apologise again I’m going to throw my phone through the tele.
  • I’ll do a better job of hitting one of our players than cresswell has.
  • Seriously if I see Cresswell hold his hand up to apologise again I’m going to throw my phone through the tele.

Tie it around your wrist like a mitten for safety
  • Sanchez just did some genuinely good DM work.

Night all :wave:
  • Ajeti getting some chances. Needs to do a bit more with them.
  • How many more times is Sheehan going to foul Wilshere without getting a yellow card?
  • I was lucky enough (judging by the comments) to miss the first half. I am shocked by what I am seeing in the 2nd half. Our passing is abysmal.
  • How many more times is Sheehan going to foul Wilshere without getting a yellow card?

As many as he likes :poormf:
  • MIAHammer said:

I was lucky enough (judging by the comments) to miss the first half. I am shocked by what I am seeing in the 2nd half. Our passing is abysmal.

We've actually been quite a bit better in the second half, which tells you all you need to know about the first :lol:
  • Fornals with the second :wahoo:
This discussion has been closed.