Brighton v West Ham United - Lets Make Brighton Rock

Comments

• We need pace
  • They have space and time when they get possession, which is unacceptable, since they give us none when we do manage to get it.
  • "Lost the midfield"

"We need pace"

These things were true last season, and the season before, and the club have done nothing to address it.
  • We’ve been absolutely dreadful. Sick of it.
  • I like Fornals, but a strange signing
  • Antonio and Yarmolenko on (maybe Ajeti but dont really know how good he is)

Snodgrass and Chicarito off
  • Our first attempt after 44 minutes if you can call it an attempt.
  • OCS

Haller, Formals and Ajeti are no slouches. Over the season, we'll improve - and if that could start next half, that would be luverly...
  • Toothless

Why is Hernandez up front on his own......judging Pellegrini in this
  • Antonio must come on for second half.
  • Commentator just said it can only get better by us in the 2nd half.
    Err .... no ...... it can get a lot worse. Has he never watched us play?
  • Well this has been hard work. Again.
  • I’m done with Hernandez. He offers absolutely nothing. I’d rather Antonio, Yarmo or Ajeti. Somebody who is actually going to offer something to the team.
  • Antonio has to come on for Hernandez, if not Ajeti. Hernandez has had too many chances as it is now. Sick of it.
  • Can’t really see us keeping a clean sheet in the 2nd half. It’s going to take a supreme effort to get anything out of this game.
  • edited August 2019
    MIA he’s obviously never watched us play because if he had he wouldn’t bother doing it again.
  • :star: Robbed by VAR ! 27 mins - I totally empathise with the Brighton fans :whistle:
  • Right.

COYI

:scarf:
  • Antonio & Ajeti on for Lanzini & Hernandez for me. We need more attacking impetus.
  • Hernandez is not the right fit for how Pelle wants us to play. He is neither a target man or an effective link up player.

I hope he goes on to score a brace now if he stays on.
  • The Hernandez up front on his own experiment is, what, three years old now? We keep getting the same result. Why do managers keep trying it?

I mean, it's no surprise that we've already suffered injuries to key players this season, but out default back up again is not good enough.

When will this club ever learn?
  • Pellegrini either wants to be cashing his cheque in South America by January, or he is showing what a total dinosaur he is. Absolutely no thought or planning went into that.
  • MIA he’s obviously never watched us play because if he had he wouldn’t bother doing it again.

Well he does get paid to watch the game. Although at times even that might be hard to swallow.
  • I get that we have all had our gruntle taken away by that half, but, even though it hasn't worked, at least Pelle was looking to change it up from last week.

:coyi: :scarf:
  • Antonio coming on for Wilshere.
  • Our philosophy seems to be if they’ve got the ball wait and see if they score or not. If they do we get to kick off and if they don’t we get a goal kick. If we’ve got the ball our opponents try to get it off us or at the very least stop us doing anything with it.
    We have no urgency or pressure to regain possession.
  • He’s changed it up and we’ve ended up being worse than last week. It’s only because we’re playing Brighton and not City that we aren’t already out of the game. I’m not willing to give the manager credit for that.
  • edited August 2019
    Grey - he had to as we had injuries
    :ok:
  • :lol: getting overrun in midfield so chucks Antonio on to watch us get overrun more.

Rice left to hang out to dry.

Don't understand it but let's see what happens.
  • Just as an aside, Diangana has scored for Brom.
This discussion has been closed.