UPDATED SITE - problems/questions/observations

Comments

• Bubbles

I haven't changed those (not intentionally, at least) and I don't think the new software would do it without being told.

• I'd made the grid for the smileys larger, but just realised that the change hadn't taken effect. It has now.
  • Hamstew said:

Testing testing 123

Which one is you?

• Where is the stealth option?
  • edited March 2019

Also error permissions when you click on the globe
  • Stealth is back on the menu.

I know what that permissions error is, and it is fixed in the desktop theme, but the fix isn't applying to mobiles. Will have a look later.
  • OK

Stealth isn't working - something isn't loading - will check after I've sung the Greek national anthem at the cathedral. (Busy, busy...)
  • That can wait. Get back to working on the site. Priorities Grey.
  • Ham

Nothing waits for the celebration of the removal of the curly Ottoman slipper from the neck of the proud Hellenes!

• OK

Stealth is now working as expected, and the notifications issue is sorted.
  • I think the 'in memoriam' links have gone wonky.
  • A spot of Ctrl + F5 will sort that.
  • Not quite yet, but will keep going.

Separately, (one for the mods) I just tried to move a post to a diff thread but I only got options for delete or split...
  • Split/merge now sorted.
  • Stealth does not seem to be working for me, I have cleared cache and cookies but still not changing to the Stealth version. Notifications have worked though with no error.
  • Yeold

It's bizarre.

It works, and then it stops working - for which I can find no obvious explanation.

If I clear the cache from CloudFlare, it starts working again - it is working now - although the In Memoriam links have slipped out of whack again...
  • What is Stealth? :puzzled:
  • How long ago did Google look like it does on stealth mode? Might give it away!
  • What is Stealth? :puzzled:

Click on it and see :biggrin:
  • Outcast

Well, it's not designed to fool close inspection...

I may look at updating it at some point.
  • edited March 2019
    I've fiddled a bit, and the menu issue is sorted, but something else may be missing, as I've pointed the site to a new folder.

Just let me know on here, and I'll do my best to sort it.
  • :clownhorn: is here, so that's the main thing...
  • :clownhorn: is here, so that's the main thing...

You know it. I say delete everything else as it's all irrelevant now :clownhorn:
  • MrsGrey, if you mean the link at top right, nothing happens. :hmm:
  • The Stealth option is experiencing baffling and occasional problems.

Bubbles - when it is working, it shows a version of the site styled to look more like a Google search page.
  • Stealth seems to either not work, or it makes you have to "Show content" to then take you to the stealth skin of the site but immediately goes back to default when you click into a page.
  • edited March 2019
    Yeold

I take it that is from a mobile device? It's working on my desktop, but not on the mobile.
  • edited March 2019
    No this is on a desktop, through IE 11 and through Edge to. Not sure if its a local setting blocking the access to the Stealth version but this was not a problem before.
  • At the moment, it is only working on the front page.

If you click from there, it should go to stealth, but when you visit another page it will revert to default, as the javascript is not loading on other pages.

I don't have time today, but I will try to get it sorted over the next couple of days.