Other matches 2nd. Feb 2019 and 10th & CL games

Comments

• IH

Think Sarri's made a real difference since he's been there.

For a start, he's transformed Kante from a world class DM to a bang average RMF player...
  • edited February 2019
    What are the odds for Sarri to be the next manager picking up his P45? ;biggrin

And what are the odds of Citeh scoring another?
  • Bubbles

Somewhere around

images (1)
  • Grey, is that from your personal collection? ;biggrin
  • The hat is ;lol
  • edited February 2019
    Peter Drury
    "I wonder if Herr Flick Klopp has been watching?" ;biggrin

That was the definition of footballing humiliation.

And for those wondering what Big Slim sounds like:

;whistle
  • Sarri, no handshake, no class. I really do hope he gets the sack.
  • 6-0 at full time.

That was jolly entertaining ;lol ;clap
  • Aguero got MoM for his hat trick but for me Sterling deserved it.
  • They put 6 past Huddersfield and 6 past Southampton, at home.

But those 2 teams at least managed each to score a goal.
  • Just read this on Twitter (posted by a Hammer)

That’s Chelsea’s biggest defeat since they were formed in 2001 ;lol
  • I always want West ham to win every game,But a part of me wont like it when we beat city and make things easier for Liverpool ;biggrin
  • Let's hoedown!

• steve said:

I always want West ham to win every game,But a part of me wont like it when we beat city and make things easier for Liverpool ;biggrin

I would (quote Kevin Keegan) "Love it" if we beat City! The fact is, they're basically the only team we can play really well against and still end up losing (e.g. when we played them away lost 2-1 and gave them as good a game as anyone). Normally though, they race to a 3 or so nil lead against us and then basically ease up (hopefully).

City are just ridiculous most of the time and are just a juggernaut of a team/squad. I love to watch them play too. They didnt even need Sane again or start with Silva and could afford to bring on bang average/looking out of his depth currently Mahrez (who hasnt stepped up like Bernardo when he joined and initially couldnt get a start)

However, for the sake of someone different winning it (a bit like when Man Utd were dominant and ANY other team would do - Although I like watching Liverpool play and like a lot of things about the team too) I cant help but wanting Liverpool to win. Unlike Man Utd of the past, I do actually like City so its not like I'll be upset.

When Liverpool drew with Leicester and with us, it was the first time I genuinely thought Liverpool would be lucky to win the title as City are just too strong and will most likely not slip up for the rest of the season (I know end of season causes upsets but just cant see it happening) I cant say the same for Liverpool. Man Uts and Everton will try their hardest to stop Liverpool beating them (and thats without looking at the other fix). So for Liverpool to actually win the title will take a lot. If they did, they'd deserve it and I'd be highly impressed (and surprised!)
  • steve said:

I always want West ham to win every game,But a part of me wont like it when we beat city and make things easier for Liverpool ;biggrin

Don't think that will be very likely Steve, especially after Saturdays performance,
    ;doh
  • Newcastle winning at wolves all getting a bit tight down there.if not for saints would only be a 6 point gap between that lot and us is it ......... ;sofa time yet
  • ;doh forgot Cardiff ;phew
  • I was at the game yesterday. My next door neighbour couldn't go so offered my Dad and me his and his wife's season ticket, so I thought my not.

At 3-0 a few Chelsea fans left, at 4-0 about 30 left. I've been offered the chance to go to the West Ham game if my mate at work's daughter doesn't go. After yesterday and the mauling Chelsea got, I'm not sure I want to now.
    ;lol
  • steve

And the other 6 below us as well, it would seem.

It' may be just about theoretically possible they could all take more points than us in their last 12 games, but I don't think or fear it will happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the safety point was less than 36 this year.
  • ;ok grey just being a Hammer for so long I always look down instead of up ,must get out of that habit ;biggrin
  • steve

I do know what you mean. ;ok

If we were only on 27 (or less...) I'd certainly be worried.
  • I think if we beat Fulham they could be well and truly gone, especially with Southampton to play the following week. It's a big 2 games.
  • Big game tonight in the northern premier league Grantham v South Shields his first game in charge been there just over a week got six new players in and released four I’m going but only because he’s raving about a 18 year old signed from Lincoln on loan Jordan adybayo smith some premier league interest as well I’ve had £20 on them at 7/2 but only cus it’s my boys team and will take it off his inheritance if I lose it lol
  • My anticipation of the return of CL football is always tempered by the fact that it means listening to BT pundits and commentators. Still, at least Gary Lineker is the host.
  • It's at this stage that I get interested in the CL.Some of the best players in the world on show and more tension as it's knock out.Shame that Neymar's out tonight though.
  • Now with added VAR.
  • I quite like BT Sports ;puzzled
  • I can't bear Steve Mcmanamanaman.