Felipe Anderson

Finally feel this fella has settled and is now showing his class,discuss............................

Comments

• I`m 52 and been through it all so take everything with a pinch of salt.A few weeks ago my 18 year old son suddenly piped up with what a waste of money but when he collects the ball wide left and starts to run,deep in my rapidly diminishing brain i have images of my favourite ever hammer,DEVO.
  • I think his goal might be a game changer for him. The way he went past the central defender and used his strength to hold him off, will be massive for his confidence and belief in terms of playing in this league.
  • I think he's shown signs of what he can do from the very beginning. Even when other things weren't working, he would play some killer passes. Now he looks like he's settling and it's all coming together. Passes like that one for the Hernandez chance that went into the side netting make games worth watching.
  • Imagine the press coverage that pass would be given if he played for city Liverpool or the spuds you’d never hear the last of it
  • In my view he was our announcement that we had aspirations which were first voiced when we moved, 40m is a lot of money in any teams book, but the difference is when you are Chelsea they can buy 5 of them and if two perform like 10m players and don't quite add to things they have enough quality to maintain their level.

We needed Anderson to make a difference to us, has he? he has shown he can but needs more consistency in my view, which I do believe will come. To succeed in the premiership outside of the top 5 you need to be very organised, work hard and one or two players that can make things happen, Anderson for me has joined Arnie in the two players that can make something from nothing, but he needs do it each match rather than one in three. I also look forward to Lanzini coming in because then we have three of those players on the pitch and we could not only pick up more points but be a real pleasure to watch.

Overall for me if scoring his season so far I would say he has been a 7, but importantly he has shown in snatches that he can perform at a 9, so if we can get a consistent 8 out of him he will be making a serious difference.
  • Agree with the above
  • Anderson Lanzini Diangana

Could very well be a budget version of

Salah Mane Wijnaldum

Which would be very pleasing to watch
  • If we can make the most of this upcoming run, then hopefully when Lanzini does return it's to an environment where we've got a bit of room to express ourselves.

YeOld ;ok Dianagana's played some really slick through balls in his few games. To have three players like that unlocking defences and then Arnie and Hernandez as two options for finishers - such an exciting prospect.

How long have we struggled to find creative players and finishers? And a manager who knows how to use them.
  • Quite a long time ;wink
  • Crooks comments from the team of the week, personnally not sure Ive seen enoubh yet to put him in such company.. But I do love the fact that he seems stable, gets on with the game without too much drama....

-----

Felipe Anderson: Felipe Anderson is playing out of his skin at the moment. Apart from his undoubted technical ability, the Brazilian has developed a taste for goals. Five in six games tells its own story, but what West Ham fans will enjoy most is the player's brand of football. This lad can play. Anderson does not possess the volatile explosions of Paolo di Canio or the temperament of Dimitri Payet, but he's in that class, which rather suggests this could be the beginning of a rather beautiful friendship with the Hammers.

---
  • I’ve been thinking about that. He’s a lot like Payet but plays at a more steady level.
  • His goal was very Payet-esque, that's for sure.

He certainly has the potential to reach those levels now he seems to have found his feet in this league. He's becoming more consistent so will hopefully carry on getting better for us.

Starting to look every inch a £35m player ;clap
  • Anderson brings that 'feelgood feeling' which is a rare but beautiful thing. That's what makes him similar to Payet and DiCanio.
  • It's clear Anderson has worked out how to play in the PL now.

Normally, you'd think in terms of defenders sussing attackers, but in his case it is the other way around.

Some of the stuff he pulls off is only obvious in slow motion replays.

He makes difficult skills seem so easy, that in real time it often doesn't look like he did anything special.
  • And he as a better haircut than both of them
  • Recalled to the Brazil squad for upcoming games... ;clap
  • Let's hope they don't break him.
  • edited February 2019
    MrsGrey ;nonono ;weep ;pray
  • I should put money down on Anderson joining Man Utd before the start of the 2020-21 season.
  • I think you'd lose it.
  • I hope I do, Iron, I hope I do.
  • My friend said to me the other day he'd be surprised if we managed to hold onto Anderson this summer. My argument was that if you sign someone for £42m and sell them the year later you're going to be after at least £65m-£70m. Is someone going to spend that much on him? Probably not.

I reckon we're safe for at least another season.
  • When Man U. announce their manager (Ole or someone else) they'll get a spending budget. Add to that the potential sale of any one of their players, and Anderson becomes very achievable at 70m :-(
  • Anderson > Sanchez?
  • Not prolific enough. Good player yes, but not 70m. He has shown he is capable of being a 40m player but not consistent enough yet. Also even the big clubs do not tend to buy the best of the rest players in the Premier League after one season of performances just in case of the "one season wonder" usually if any moves for a big player outside the top 6 to move to a top 6 club happen they need 2 seasons under their belt at least.
  • Big difference the stepup...

Mahrez is another example of a player that isn't quite up to the top6 consistent standards.

Anderson first season and due to injuries he hasn't really had the chance to form consistent partnerships.
  • I am a big fan of Anderson as he is the type player every fan loves as they can entertain and make things happen that most players couldn't. If I look objectively however I don't think at 42m he has exceeded expectations. I would perhaps suggest he has made a real difference to the result in what feels like about four matches showing real dominance, whilst in quite a few he has entertained but you could not really say it resulted in much or changed the game, he played his part but didn't do what Payet used to do. I think he is an undeniable asset and one we really need keep as I hope those matches he imposes himself on will happen more often, but I cant see that other clubs will want come in with 60m offers to try and tempt us.

As I have said before Rice is the player we will get tested on with big offers and I also feel he is the player who has changed most matches. For me the biggest miss from our team sheet at present would be Rice, followed by Fabianski, I would put Anderson after those two alongside Diop. Noble summed it up when presenting Rice with the man of the match award against Fulham when he said ' seems like its every week now'.
  • Also there is no one else to cover Rice if he's out. Not a sausage
  • There's this fella

f74ca67349b672d4dc1d7d6001297094