England Squad - October games vs Spain and Croatia

James Maddison is rumoured to have been included in the squad for the next batch of internationals.

Any room for Noble in that midfield, Gareth...

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Maddison fully deserves his spot, has been class for Leicester.

As much as I like Trippier I really do want to see Alexander Arnold given a proper run out. Also wonder if Gareth will bring in a Wilson / Murray / Deeney.

I don't think any eligible West Ham player is getting in the England squad. Think a few Bournemouth and Leicester players are probably pushing on the heels of some players.
  • Deeney will get nowhere near the squad, IMO. His reputation alone will see him overlooked.
  • "Leicester forward James Maddison, Chelsea midfielder (on loan at Derby) Mason Mount and Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho are the new names in Gareth Southgate's England squad to face Croatia and Spain on 12 and 15 October respectively.

There is also a recall for Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley."

From the Beeb.
  • Harry Winks back in the squad too ;lol
  • Full squad:

Goalkeepers

Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Alex McCarthy (Southampton), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders

Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Watford), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (on loan at Derby County from Chelsea), Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur)

Strikers

Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Maddison (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford, (Manchester United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)
  • Maybe Rice has been waiting to see what his competition was before making his mind up.

100% gonna choose England now.
  • edited October 2018
    Winks Barkley Dier and Welbeck. Good grief.
  • Exactly if I was 30 year younger I’d get in that squad should be ability not just age lol
  • Welbeck is the 1 that always amazes how he makes it considering he rarely plays for his team, unless I'm wrong...